Error: An internal error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code = 0x1808000

Sean

• Members

Where there is still a problem: Please contact me by email Tell me what exact error message you get when you try to do what (if in doubt, add a screenshot).

Remember:

Most of you have now two CodeMeter sticks listed - the virtual stick with a long serial number followed by ESIMGAMES, and the physical CodeMeter stick with one shorter serial number. The virtual stick will ONLY work with time-based licenses, the physical stick will only accept full licenses, upgrade licenses, and secondary licenses.

Secondary licenses can only be activated AFTER upgrade licenses. Remove the checkmark first!

If the error still persists, please include in your email the CmDUST log file.

Email sent to [removed email address, yes it was correct] just making sure the email is correct.

Still cant get this codemeter updated have sent details of my process and pics

Look for forward to hearing from you

Edited by Sean
removed email address

• Members

The issue persists for some of you.

Here's what we did/tried so far. I'm not doing this with everybody, but that doesn't mean that we're idle:

We have checked the server with Wibu support staff, and everything seems OK.

For some of you who still receive the error message, I tried to activate the tickets with the customers' Wibu Control Files, but to no avail. This rules our browser and antivirus software related sources of error.

Wibu recommended uninstalling the CodeMeter software, rebooting, and reinstalling it while making triple sure that the runtime would be installed with admin privileges. So far, this didn't help in a single case.

I'm not sure what the next steps will be, but I can assure you that we (= eSim Games, Wibu Systems Germany, and Wibu in the US) will keep trying. Please monitor this thread for eventual breakthroughs. I will of course alert those of you who wrote me, but as there is currently a lot of mail activity I cannot fully rule out the possibility that I may forget about one or two.

I'll keep you posted here, but will be out of office tomorrow for other business.

Well dunno if this helps or not but I tried to update the dongle on a neighbours pc, but received the same error message with both the automatic and manual methods.

Could this imply something wrong with the dongle somewhere. But it still plays the SBpro version that I'm licensed for, it just wont update.

My codemeter was received when steel beasts pro was first released and is currently on version 1.18 and is licensed for SBpro ver2460. Which I remember correctly I didn't have to update the dongle for, though I guess I probably had to.. was a long time ago and cant remember for sure.

• Members

We have found a solution which however applies only to failed UPGRADE licenses. If you are such a case, please send me a message. I'll try to get as many solved as I can in the coming hours.

It applies only to people who have a rather old Steel Beasts license (purchased before 2010) and never upgraded to SB Pro PE 2.5 or 2.6. If you are one of them and your ticket with an upgrade license refuses to activate, I have a solution for you. Please contact me.

I'll be out of office tomorrow, so I'd like to solve as many cases as possible in the next three hours.

• Members

We think that we have now identified all sources of errors. Either (as described above) is a result of how licenses were stored in 1st generation CodeMeter sticks (if they were never upgraded before). In that case, please sned me an email and I'll solve the problem for you with a magic ticket.

Or, it is because we botched a parameter with temporary licenses. This applies to all Windows 8 users. Simply try again to activate, it should work now. If it doesn't (for a temporary license), please contact me by email.

If the error still persists for you, maybe you still haven't upgraded your firmware? That's the most frequent source of trouble on the user's end. It is followed by the attempt to activate a ticket that has both secondary licenses and an upgrade license. Remove the checkmark of the secondary license entries, activate, then set the checkmarks again and activate the rest. Secondary licenses only work if there is a primary license of 3.0 already on the stick.

That should be it! I think that pretty much all reports could be traced back to one of these reasons. :)

• 2 weeks later...
We have found a solution which however applies only to failed UPGRADE licenses. If you are such a case, please send me a message. I'll try to get as many solved as I can in the coming hours.

It applies only to people who have a rather old Steel Beasts license (purchased before 2010) and never upgraded to SB Pro PE 2.5 or 2.6. If you are one of them and your ticket with an upgrade license refuses to activate, I have a solution for you. Please contact me.

I'll be out of office tomorrow, so I'd like to solve as many cases as possible in the next three hours.

Hello, I bought the $40 upgrade license yesterday yet I still haven't been able to run it. My version of Steel Beasts Pro PE 2.654 was working fine with my CodeMeter dongle before, now after the 3.002 update I get the error "CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port. Retry/Cancel". I sent you an email yesterday at esimgames with all the details and CmDust-Result log, but still haven't heard anything and am now beginning to worry... :sad2:

Solid Snake, I just wanted to say danke very much for emailing the dongle file. That did the trick, it works now and I can breathe again! Excellent job sir, it was very kind of you. I hope you are all well and have a good weekend! :)

PS: I've been dying to try this update after reading Tim Stone's Flare Path article in Rock Paper Shotgun so, if you don't mind I have some catching up to do now and explore this superb work of tanksim art... ! :thelmut: