track Ir suported by SB?

SG1_Rommel

Cheers for that.

I sitting here with a grin on my face thinking..eh?

When my game does come to my door I will look up 5.6 in the manual.

and try and give it a go..

But if there is anyone out there now with Track IR 5 thats willing to have a go...Be my quest.

i have the pro clip aswell which makes things a lot better than the funny hat clip .

But yeah would like to know myself. So the challange has been put out. :remybussi:

O_Smiladon

I use to play SBP with a HOTAS: a mapped ProThrottle left and a mapped Fightertstick right, plus mous right. I use to change mouse and stick control during gameplay quite often.

I tried TrackIR 4's mouse emulation mode in SBP long time ago, and only found it to be a hassle. Nothing was to be gained from it. I never missed it before, and never again afterwards. Panning around from the TC's hatch - when do you do that in battle, and to what use? If you have them, you use the stabilised periscopes. And if I pan around, I find the mouse to be more precise. And I still would need to have my hand on a button for binocular view even when using TrackIR.

I would say it is 100% not needed. Not even especially desirable. Spend the developement time on something more use-/helpful. SBP is no dogfighter game, nor a racing game. These are were TrckIR proves it'S value, maybe also ins ome infantry games like ArmA (I did it, and found it to be okay, but nothing I would consider to be vital).

Edit:

See see, I already was here - three years ago! :lol: Waggishness or Altzheimer, that is the question now.

Edited by Skybird03

I have a TIR 5 and have tried the mouse emulation mode and it's less than optimal. There is no natural center position to return to so it is a giant pain .

Native support that addresses this would be awesome especially turned out bouncing along the country side!!!!!...

this could be accomplished with track mapper and assigning certain views to varying degrees of head movement but still not as slick as native support.

Not sure if this helps but it's my 2 cents!

Or they could just add it on the wish list for something later.

I dont think it would be a major rewrite to impilment something like this (or is it?)

It just makes things more real life and you can use your hands for other things.

And for the people who think it is a waste of time they dont have to use it if they dont want it.

Regards All

O_Smiladon

• Members
And for the people who think it is a waste of time they dont have to use it if they dont want it.

By the same token, development time spent on TrackIR support with marginal benefit (and for for a small minority of players at that) will be denied to work on features that offer a big benefit for the majority of players. If in doubt, I will favor the latter.

Hi Ssnake,

Mate I have no problum in what you are saying. And yes doing something like trakeIR will take away from some of the stuff that most of the people will enjoy.

However As time progresses head tracking units will become more mainstream and cheaper to abtain.

But hay I am happy to sit back and let the good times roll

Salute

O_Smiladon

...Panning around from the TC's hatch - when do you do that in battle, and to what use?...

um, situational awareness. i probably spend 50% of my time in the TC position, ensuring the platoon or company is complying with their commands and not driving off into lakes and such :biggrin: but seriously, TC posit is best for SA especially in Leopards and other vehicles with a commander's peri to supplement the out-of-hatch experience.