First Clash

12Alfa

What time will be best for you to attend 1st Clash?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What time will be best for you to attend 1st Clash?

We are getting very close to the First Clash Campaign, so I though some info would be best to get everyone who will take part again in the loop.

Long time ago, in a online campaign here at SB land,the 1CAD held a campaign based on scenarios originally written as an official manual in 1985 for the Canadian Army. This book details the efforts of a Canadian mechanized brigade to hold up the Soviet advance for 48 hours during the early stages of WWIII in Central Europe.

The campaign is focused at the Battle Group/Combat Team level, following the activity from the assembly area to performing a withdrawal under pressure.

Deployment of 3 Royal Canadian Regiment (3RCR) Battlegroup as part of a 4 Canadian Mech Brigades defensive battle plan and the attack against them by 290 Motor Rifle Regiment and 301 Tank Regiment.

The Battle Group comprises 3 Mechanised Companies, Anti Tank Platoon, Recce Platoon, Mortar Platoon, a Tank Squadron, a Battery of Guns and an Air Defence section of Javalin.

In addition support from the brigades Helicopter Squadron and the use of Engineers to create an obstacle plan. The Campain considers the preparation for and deployment to the defended locations, (https://maps.google.com/?ll=48.86596,8.26300&z=12&t=h) the sequence of the battle preparation and the detail of the occupation of the defence, then the actions against the two Soviet units which includes their engagement of 3RCR's covering force elements followed by the main action and the sequence of arrival by the Soviets onto the RCR positions. It closes with the 4 Canadian Mech Brigade withdrawing covered by the Royal Canadian Dragoons (RCD) Squadron Group comprising 2 Troops of armour and a mechanised platoon from the Royal 22e Regiment (R22R) together with two sections of anti armour weapons and support from the RCD Recce platoon in Lynx supported by the Brigades Artillery Regiment and unit mortars.

We will once again try to relive this 48 hrs, and soon after follow on with part 2 "COUNTER STROKE" as we did so many years ago.

The campaign will see SQN or less missions against elements from 290 Motor Rifle Regiment and 301 Tank Regiments.

In following post will be the area's,maps, ORBATS, and yes the commanders, who I have not selected yet.

And there lies the next issue, who will step up to the firing line?

We will need a Canadian to fill the 4 Canadian Mech Brigade CO, The Tank SQN CO and variuous sub commanders. and of course the WARSAW CO's.

SO if you feel the need to take command at what ever level please shoot me a e-mail/PM.

I will endevor over the next few days post the positions and other details here.

Consider this the start of the paperwork leading to rounds down range.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=11357:eek2::eek2:

More to follow.

4cmbg.jpg.07187d73b1bdf654c0a666a5babaa4

4cmbg.jpg.07187d73b1bdf654c0a666a5babaa4

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates?

Real army is getting in the way, however I've got the TO&E for the 4CMBG done, moving on to the USSR units this week.

I will try to update a few more details here such as campaign concept, general environment that both sides will operate in this week.

A poll to see what times/day is best is in the works also.

Re the poll.

Any chance you can make it "global" (i.e. use absolute times/dates instead of relative times/days)?

"Wednesday nights" for you is Thursday mid day for me.

If I click on Wednesday nights, do you mean your Wednesday nights or mine or Eurpean ones, or ...

Same, same for "weekends".

Red side:eek2:

325 T-72s?

1st Markovskievitch's 1st Shock Guards Battalion/Division, could have some fun looting and pillaging with those.....

Brats und Schnaps anyone?

:sonic:

Comrade Hedgehog, however, is on the lookout for a buxom young blonde German hausherrin mit großzügig titte. :biggrin:

Any chance of an answer to this:

Re the poll.

Any chance you can make it "global" (i.e. use absolute times/dates instead of relative times/days)?

"Wednesday nights" for you is Thursday mid day for me.

If I click on Wednesday nights, do you mean your Wednesday nights or mine or Eurpean ones, or ...

Same, same for "weekends".