Some questions about the new M1

greenred

Hello all, I am having a difficult time figuring out the commanders position on the new M-1A2(SEP). Do I view the commanders independent sight only from the interior view, or can I go full screen? I can not figure out how to take command of the sight and rotate it either. Also I how do you access the commanders machine gun, and can you dismount from the vehicle and walk around now? I looked in the wiki for these answers but could not find them.

Click on the CITV screen with the mouse like you would in the Leo2A5+ to control the screen with one exception. The "P' button/middle mouse button or joystick equivalent must be held down while controlling the CITV. Try placing the viewer in manual mode (top left CITV button) to look independently from the main gun, then after finding a target for the gunner press the "O" (not zero) button to bring the GPS (gunner) onto your target.

As for dismounting the vehicle and walking around... this is only achieved by getting out of your computer chair and walking around your home (it takes some imagination to achieve the desired effect). :wink2:

Edited by ooCURToo

Click on the CITV screen with the mouse like you would in the Leo2A5+ to control the screen with one exception. The "P' button/middle mouse button or joystick equivalent must be held down while controlling the CITV. Try placing the viewer in manual mode (top left CITV button) to look independently from the main gun, then after finding a target for the gunner press the "O" (not zero) button to bring the GPS (gunner) onto your target.

As for dismounting the vehicle and walking around... this is only achieved by getting out of your computer chair and walking around your home (it takes some imagination to achieve the desired effect). :wink2:

Thanks, can you tell me how to take control of the commanders machine gun?

Something for now until the Wiki for the SEP is updated

FCS modes: FCS modes are located on the Commander's Display Unit.

2 Scan Modes-

Manual- you must have the palms pressed to move the sight. this is done

by pressing "p". you also have to select manual scan mode.

Auto- CITV will scan automatically. you can select the scanning zones by selecting

"VEH sys", " CITV set up", "sector limits" and follow instruction on the

commander's tactical display. You can select the speed of the scan by selecting

"VEH sys","CITV set up", "scan rate adjust" and follow instruction on the

commander's tactical display. you can also take control of the sight by pressing

the "p" key.

Designate- to designate you need to be in manual or auto scan mode. to perform

designate you will have to have the "p" key pressed and then hit the "o". The fcs

will then go to CITV Glos until you release the "p" key then the fcs puts you

back in manual scan mode.

CITV GLOS- the gun is slaved to the CITV sight. gun will follow the CITV when you

press the "p" key. If your palms are not pressed then the CITV still follows the

gun. this mode you should fire using the CITV screen "f3" not the GPSE "f2".

GPS GLOS- the gun is slaved to the GPS sight. gun will follow the GPS when you

press the "p" key. the CITV will also follow the gun in this mode. this mode you

should fire using the GPSE sight "f2" not the CITV screen "f3".

BATTLESIGHT-located on the CDU you have to press the push button once to put the fcs

in battlesight mode. you would then use the add or drop push button to adjust the range.

when your are complete with the battlesight. you will have to press the pushbutton again

to exit the mode.

white hot and black hot can also be selected on the CDU.

C3-on the CDU is the map view that is displayed on the tactical display.

VEH SYS-where the menu options are and grid coornates.

F1-view of commander's station inside of tank.

F2-view of commander's gunner primary sight extension. same

sight picture as the gunner.

F3-commander's CITV display screen close up.

alt F3-commander's 50cal sight.

F4-commander's periscope view.

F5-map view

F6-gunner's station

F7-commander's station

F8-exterior view

F9-driver's station

Gunner's station:

using the GCDP menu

2 functions to use are battlesight or range.

BATTLESIGHT-

on the GCDP you have to select "adjust" and then the "battlesight". you use the keypad on the GCDP

to enter the new battlesight range. the GCDP will have instructions on the screen.

RANGE-

on the GCDP you have to select "sensor" and then the "range". you use the keypad on the GCDP to enter

the new range.

NOTE: you should press enter on the keypad after you have entered your new number.

There is alot more to learn but this is a basic just for now