Sound problems

3r22r

• Members

I would rather suspect a driver issue or some such.

I'm not sure what reinstallations are actually supposed to accomplish. The downloads come in a self-extracting archive. The archive, just like the download process itself, is protected by checksums so that faulty downloads will be immediately detected (and such an archive would probably not extract successfully anyway). The installation routine program is made explicitly to ensure that all necessary files go into the right folders.

Removing the software and installing it back, what is it supposed to accomplish?

It appears infinitely more likely that the sound card cannot properly mix multiple sounds played together. That might be a driver problem, maybe the sound chip itself has a problem, maybe the device manager will show a warning. Like I wrote in my email preceding this thread, it would be helpful to know what sound card/chip you are using, and what the driver version is.

The sound card is an AMD high definition audio device with a AMD IO driver from what I can see from the materiel list, also Windows Ep was completely erased before Windows 7 was installed and I noticed that that the sound problem was the same with version 2.6

Unlikely to be relevant to this particular issue, but I recently lost all sound following a big batch of Windows Updates after my computer had not been turned on for a while. Fortunately I had seen exactly this problem described on a blog a few days previously. I reset to a restore point prior to the updates and checked that the sound was OK. I then told Windows to download but not automatically install the updates. I then installed ONLY the 'Important' updates and checked that the sound remained OK. It did. The other updates related to programmes I don't use so I skipped those. Job done.

I was able to find help with my problem, it was the sound card pilot that was not up to date after installing Windows 7. Just another thing. Why is the pilot of the Apache facing backwards when I view stills and the forwards during scenarios?