Any new about the Spanish vehicles??

Stratos

Any new about the Spanish vehicles?? Looking forward to this ones really. And specially for a BMR, the battle taxi version of the VEC25, this one will be amazing to have it on SB and sure will atract spanish customers, sure Deja have a 3d version of it somewhere and it only needs a MG. Maybe If Spain don't let you add you can change his name to RMB or a english transcription

800px-Spanish_Army_BMR-600_DF-SD-04-0660

800px-Spanish_Army_BMR-600_DF-SD-04-0660

whats the difference between this and a piranha III thats in the game already?

BMR have 6X6 while Piranha is 8X8,Piranha is longer an amphibian, and BMR too but need to uninstall a couple of boxes covering the props. BMR turns in a smaller radius, but the obstacle clearance is similar.

BMR is Medium Armored vehicle with wheels and can carry a rifle squad, no idea about the Piranha

Hello guys.

I came back from Kosovo one month ago! After that, I hate the fucking BMR!! But it would be very nice to be able to play with this vehicle in the game.

But what I really want is the Pizarro. I am waiting for it.

Actually, I am shortly to take the "leopardo´s" instructor course.

Parece que el número de españoles por aquí no aumenta, eh?

Lipe, Stratos, we must meet and have fun with the sim!

Regards

Is not an amazing vehicle but is OUR vehicle, If we get the VEC, ( BMR with turret ), should be easy to add the BMR too

Spanish customers want ti :)

easy to say, harder to do, allot of small details plus you have to remap the whole UV, so no its not easy to add afterall. and there must be some reason why the Spanish army didnt bother with ordering it?

/KT

• Members

The situation is this:

• The Pizarro is done as a playable vehicle, with the switchology being a bit more of a challenge than with most other vehicles in SB Pro at this point.
    We haven't received payment for it yet, so we can't release it at this point.
  • The Leopardo 2E will be delivered as a prototype in September, and is supposed to get finished by November (with complete 3D interior and everything), ...
  • along with an external model of the VEC,...
  • and the Centauro.
  • In a third step - probably in 2009 or 2010 - the Centauro is supposed to become a playable vehicle as well.
  • We will hold off the release of the Pizarro until we have finished the Leopardo and VEC and the non-playable Centauro. That way we can release it as a "Spain" package, ideally around Christmas, and hopefully generate more awareness on the Spanish market for it so that the community can grow more than if we handed out the stuff in penny packets.

• Members

Yes. In a follow-on step we will probably make it playable, too - at least that's the expressed intent of the Ejercito.

If you do know Spanish internet forums that would be interested in these news, please pass them on. We would like to develop the Spanish market as a user base for SB Pro PE, and I think that by December we will have a really neat little package for you. :)

• Members

Jordi, I have received your email, don't worry. :)

As far as the planned summer release is concerned, we are currently looking into several options. We need to find a good balance between what is manageable as a reasonably quick release and one where we have a really attractive package to make it interesting.

Originally I had the intention to combine the ASCOD Pizarro and the Leopardo 2E as playable vehicles, along with the VEC and the Centauro as well as the 2S6 Tunguska as new non-playable units for the summer release. The Pizarro took more time to finish than anticipated for a variety of reasons, which had repercussions for the whole development schedule. Since I want to see the Spanish vehicles combined as a package (simply so we can market it in Spain as a fresh new product where there is almost no awareness of SB Pro yet), this would take away a lot of the originally planned content and therefore raise the question how much sense a "summer release" would actually make at all.

Can't speak for others, but I personally would be interested in getting the fixes for the few issues of the Beta earlier, and can live without the Spanish vehicles anyway. I would be willing to pay for a "summer release" excluding the Spanish vehicles, if that comes with a code for having a financial credit for the Spanish option later. the advantage would be that the bug hunting for the Spanish vehicles could run separate from the fixes for the Beta.

Aber ich will nicht wieder die leidige Debatte ahnheizen... :)

Can't speak for others, but I personally would be interested in getting the fixes for the few issues of the Beta earlier, and can live without the Spanish vehicles anyway.

I'm with you there. A few tweeks to the Beta would be welcome, even if that's all that is released.