Warrior FV-510 in V3.0

Baz JJ

Ive just joined and am using V3.0 SB. I keep reading that the Warrior is playable. However, it doesn't seem to have the 3D detail that is available on the M1 and Bradley M2 vehicles.

Am I doing something wrong or is the detail just not there on the British armour?

Ive just joined and am using V3.0 SB. I keep reading that the Warrior is playable. However, it doesn't seem to have the 3D detail that is available on the M1 and Bradley M2 vehicles.

Am I doing something wrong or is the detail just not there on the British armour?

Welcome! :)

No, there's "playable" and for want of a better term "fully playable".

Some vehicles can't be "played" at all. Best you can do is give them orders and watch in the 3D world at F8 view.

The next level of detail is "playable" (Scimitar, Warrior, BRDM, etc.) where yes you can look through the sight and shoot stuff but you can't click on switches, etc.

The next level is "fully playable" (e.g. M1A1 (HA), Bradley, M1A2 (SEP), some Leos, T-72M, etc.) where you can look through the sight and shoot stuff AND click on switches, input numbers, etc.

Hi Baz

If your in the GMT time zone I would recommend checking out UK Armour VU

We use the warrior as are primary MCV. send me a PM if interested

I can only speak for my self but as mutch as I like to see a fully detailed turret.

All you need in combat are your sights fire button and smoke grenade's. LoL

Edited by Marko

Hi yes Im in the UK.

Had a look at your webpage. Very interesting.

Im still getting to grips with the mystics of SB and don't think Im quite ready for multiplayer.

Currently enjoying experimenting with my own custom missions and deploying different assets. Im also a keen Airsofter and enjoy the tactical side both on the PC and doing lifesize sims in the Airsoft field.

For me, the realism extends inside the rank. I enjoy the switches and controls as much as the engagement.

Hi Baz

If your in the GMT time zone I would recommend checking out UK Armour VU

We use the warrior as are primary MCV. send me a PM if interested

I can only speak for my self but as mush as I like to see a fully detailed turret.

All you need in combat are your sights fire button and smoke grenade's. LoL

Thanks all for such a quick and multi-reply response.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is there a full list of fully playable vehicles or are the ones you listed the full list.

Ive dabbled with the M1 and M2, but many of the Leos and CVBs have all the legends in languages other than English which takes me longer to get my head round.

Welcome! :)

No, there's "playable" and for want of a better term "fully playable".

The next level is "fully playable" (e.g. M1A1 (HA), Bradley, M1A2 (SEP), some Leos, T-72M, etc.) where you can look through the sight and shoot stuff AND click on switches, input numbers, etc.

Hi yes Im in the UK.

Im still getting to grips with the mystics of SB and don't think Im quite ready for multiplayer.

Currently enjoying experimenting with my own custom missions and deploying different assets. Im also a keen Airsofter and enjoy the tactical side both on the PC and doing lifesize sims in the Airsoft field.

For me, the realism extends inside the rank. I enjoy the switches and controls as much as the engagement.

When you feel you are ready for MP pop in to one of our sessions,

in all honesty your learn more about using the sim playing online than

you will in single player, it's where the sim really comes to life.

we meet in Steel Beasts teamspeak on the UK Armour channel at 8pm on a Sunday evening for game night and 8pm on a Wednesday evening for Training, naturally this offer extends to anyone who wants to join us, just drop me or Tjay a pm.

Hi yes Im in the UK.

Learn a vehicle inside out then partake in an online session.

We'll probably team you with Killjoy, he's into his airsoft.

:)

Don't think you have to be an expert before you join a V.U. As Crusty says, at UKA, you will be made welcome regardless of your experience level and will learn 10 times faster than on your own.

SB is many things to many people. I see you are already into making your own missions - and that is what SB is all about for many people. As Hedgehog says, I suggest that prior to joining a V.U you spend your offline time getting basically familiar (I wouldn't say 'know them inside out personally), with one of that unit's vehicles. For us it's the CR2 Challenger or the Warrior.

Please drop into to see us any Sunday or Wednesday evening at 20:00 local on the SB Teamspeak server. We have our own clearly identifiable channel. Look forward to speaking with you.

Guest Killjoy
Learn a vehicle inside out then partake in an online session.

We'll probably team you with Killjoy, he's into his airsoft.

:)

Magic, I'm not the only one!

Don't think you have to be an expert before you join a V.U. As Crusty says, at UKA, you will be made welcome regardless of your experience level and will learn 10 times faster than on your own.

SB is many things to many people. I see you are already into making your own missions - and that is what SB is all about for many people. As Hedgehog says, I suggest that prior to joining a V.U you spend your offline time getting basically familiar (I wouldn't say 'know them inside out personally), with one of that unit's vehicles. For us it's the CR2 Challenger or the Warrior.

Please drop into to see us any Sunday or Wednesday evening at 20:00 local on the SB Teamspeak server. We have our own clearly identifiable channel. Look forward to speaking with you.

+ 1

I learned more in a few months training with a VU

Then I did in years of single player mode.

When your ready drop in we have two newbies in UK armour already

You will not be expected to know it all.

And you will find the lads very helpful.