Which is the most effective tank in SB Pro PE world (Take II)

lavictoireestlavie

Which tank is the overall in best ?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank is the overall in best ?

• M1A2 SEP
    • Leopard 2E
    • Challenger 2 (TES)
    • T-72M1
    • Leopard 1A5
    • Leopard 2A4
    • Leopard 2A5A2 DK
    • M1A1 (HA)
    • T-90A (honorable mention)
    • T-80U (honorable mention)

What do you guys is the most effective crewable tank in terms of firepower, protection and mobility ? :c:

I think that's a very difficult question to answer.

On paper I would say the leo-2E but the M1A2 has performed very well in combat

And its fire control system is outstanding.

But most of the Tanks,AFV's it met in both Gulf wars were obsolete with poorly trained crews.

I once posted a question on this forum what would the RL military guys choose and older Tank with a well trained motivated crew.

Or a state of the art tank with a poorly trained crew.( like some middle eastern countries.)

Needless to say crew training was a priority and rightfully so.

I would have to go with the M1A2 simply because it has proved its self and its armour Protection.

Kill Joy is going to kill me.....

T-72M1 If used in the right way. (But then the same applies to every tank.)

Its a gunner's tank.

The TC just calls targets to the Gunner and watches his back.

You even get to pick what round goes in the gun!!

No fancy widgets and gadgets to break.

You, your LRF/gunsight and your gun.

(Oh and your manual range is the mouse scroll wheel, which makes sense the actual range wheel is just above the power handles.)

Its a close in brawler of a tank.

There are pointers for its use however:

Without those fancy gadgets its not much cop in a sweeping mobile desert battle like 73 easting.

(If that fight had taken place where the ranges were less than and the T-72s had been utilised to their advantages, it would have been very different)

I've just grown to like it. :biggrin:

Kill Joy is going to kill me.....

T-72M1 If used in the right way. (But then the same applies to every tank.)

Its a gunner's tank.

The TC just calls targets to the Gunner and watches his back.

You even get to pick what round goes in the gun!!

No fancy widgets and gadgets to break.

You, your LRF/gunsight and your gun.

Its a close in brawler of a tank.

There are pointers for its use however:

Without those fancy gadgets its not much cop in a sweeping mobile desert battle like 73 easting.

(If that fight had taken place where the ranges were less than and the T-72s had been utilised to their advantages, it would have been very different)

Not with the Ammo the Iraqi army had hedge.

If they were up against the T-72B with BM-32 or newer rounds.in a battle of manoeuvre At sort to medium range it properly would not have been so one sided.

I really grew to appreciate the Leopardo 2E and other later Leopard 2 variants, after seeing how their systems work in SB Pro, but the M1A2's thermal sights and magnification really make a difference for me, and it doesn't help I already liked the M1's.

For building clearance efficiency, try using MPAT rounds set to proximity and fire into the house full of infantry, clears 'em right out!! :clin:

I like to think that the armies of NATO have a deep respect for the equipment and capabilities of their allies. Were they to be involved in a conflict with large scale armoured maneuvers, the tank crews of each nation would be glad to have well-trained crews at the helm of tanks like the M1A2, the Leopard 2A6, the Challenger 2, and the Leclerc at their side against whatever foe they come up against.

Not with the Ammo the Iraqi army had hedge.

If they were up against the T-72B with BM-32 or newer rounds.in a battle of manoeuvre At sort to medium range it properly would not have been so one sided.

Flank shots?

I agree though, this is a discussion for another thread.

Maybe even a Steel Beasts campaign?

"ODS, Iraqi, your doing it right."

Iraqi defence force isn't crippled by a despotic maniac, and is therefore a well motivated fighting force with recent Iran/Iraq war experience.

Iraqi Integrated Air Defence System stands and fights, first off.

:)

Guest Killjoy

I like how the majority have voted for a tank that has been knocked out several times and yet there are only 2 for the only combat tested tank on the list that hasn't had any armour penetrations. :)