67 YEARS OLD AND STILL TRYING..

delta6

I finally got the garish G2 off of the M1A2SEP,many thanks to Lt default for helping..Now for the new problem,i have gimp on my computer and I have found a dds plugin for it so the gimp should be able to read dds files,but my computer won't let the dds file go into the gimp plugin folder...All I want is this "11>" on the side of the M1A2SEP...Color me stumped because I have NO idea what to do next...Are there any modders that can help??:confused:

the .dlls go in the Gimp2\bin folder, and the plugin file goes in the Giimp2\lib\gimp\2.0\plugins folder (I think). Should be a simple drag-and-drop, so I'm not sure in what manner you're computer won't "let" it happen.

Maybe something with admin permissions? Are we talking Win7 here?

Anyway, is this what you're looking for?:

SS_18_23_38.png.0301bb373417a94d35856109

SS_18_23_38.png.0301bb373417a94d35856109

Hello Splash..I have a new windows 8 system...I have the dds file for Gimp,I open c:programsfile\gimp2\lib\Gimp\2.0\plugin..And "this is not a bitmap file and is not supported message pops up..I guess you can see I am no whiz at these things so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated..Thank you

First, this discussion should probably be moved to the mods forum.

When you speak of the dds file for Gimp, are you talking about the plugin you downloaded as a zip?

You don't open that with Gimp. That is to be extracted then dropped into the indicated folder. Once you've placed the plugin in the plugin folder of your Gimp installation, you'll then be able to open, edit and save dds files with Gimp.

the .dlls go in the Gimp2\bin folder, and the plugin file goes in the Giimp2\lib\gimp\2.0\plugins folder (I think). Should be a simple drag-and-drop, so I'm not sure in what manner you're computer won't "let" it happen.

Maybe something with admin permissions? Are we talking Win7 here?

Anyway, is this what you're looking for?:

That's it!!! :luxhello:That's all I want for desert,woodland,and winter...But I just do not know how to make all of the gadgets in computers work..:confused:

Well, you're welcome to that file if you want it. It took, literally, a few minutes to work up.

But I'd like to do an accurate one. Unfortunately I don't have a good grasp of the Army symbology to make it credible. What would the bumper numbers be? How many stripes on the barrel? Any emblem on the turret front?

What does 11> denote, anyway? 2nd Platoon, A Company, 1st Battalion? ??

I think that the 11 Tank is the platoon leaders tank for 1st platoon..The following symbols I think represents the companies...B Company is > C company is V,A company is a upward pointing V,and D company is a rearward pointing V..I was in B co 1st platoon 2-34 armor,while in vitenam...Our platoon lost 34 m48A3 tanks in a month,from mines and rice propelled idiots..Will the file you made work as a skin for the desert mod??

Well, I'm pretty sure I got the bumper number wrong, but I tried to do it for the first tank in 1st Platoon, B Coy, 2/34 Armor. If anyone points out an error, I'll gladly fix it.

And yes, it will work with Desert, Woodland and Winter. Just copy and drop the file into the corresponding folder(s) in the us mod folder and choose us2000 as camo in the mission editor.

Merry Christmas and thanks for your service.

SS_18_55_52.png.1cef29a0e26774d6ec647c93

SS_18_55_52.png.1cef29a0e26774d6ec647c93

Edited by Splash

Well, I'm pretty sure I got the bumper number wrong, but I tried to do it for the first tank in 1st Platoon, B Coy, 2/34 Armor. If anyone points out an error, I'll gladly fix it.

And yes, it will work with Desert, Woodland and Winter. Just copy and drop the file into the corresponding folder(s) in the us mod folder and choose us2000 as camo in the mission editor.

That looks fantastic man! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you sir...Now I have to get them on the tanks..

I just applied them...The 2+ should not be there and the 11> is reversed on the left side,but...It looks like a tank again...:men_ani::luxhello:..Please check your message box,i have every intention of doing as promised...Again Thank you..

Edited by delta6

I think that the 11 Tank is the platoon leaders tank for 1st platoon..The following symbols I think represents the companies...B Company is > C company is V,A company is a upward pointing V,and D company is a rearward pointing V..I was in B co 1st platoon 2-34 armor,while in vitenam...Our platoon lost 34 m48A3 tanks in a month,from mines and rice propelled idiots..Will the file you made work as a skin for the desert mod??

For the NATO "standard" markings, the first number denotes the battalion, the second the company, and the arrows represent the platoons in basically the same order as you have the companies above. Note that although this is the norm, most units have their own take on the marking system, so what you have above could just as well be correct, depending on where in the Army that tank is from.

Do any modders run windows 8?? I need to know how to access the vehicle files so I can add my own markings...Then I won't be pestering you folks so much..I have tried my documents/esim/sbpro/mods/textures/then the woodland,desert,et but I get a popup that says it is not a valid file or I need permission to open..What do I do next??

Edited by delta6

• 2 weeks later...

Delta6,

Not sure if you are aware or not but for SB the skins are "one size fits all" so while this may satisfy your needs if you are a lone vehicle driving around, if you are using a Platoon or a Company they will all look exactly the same as this.

In other words the one skin is applied to every vehicle in a given scenario of that type.

Delta6,

Not sure if you are aware or not but for SB the skins are "one size fits all" so while this may satisfy your needs if you are a lone vehicle driving around, if you are using a Platoon or a Company they will all look exactly the same as this.

In other words the one skin is applied to every vehicle in a given scenario of that type.

I know,i hope that in future upgrades we can have separate platoons/companies with the correct markings..

Here are the textures for the woodland version. The decal file can be used on any theme, but I had to paint the "11>" directly on the skirts. If you want the other themes (winter, autumn, desert) I can do those too, no problem. Once you get 'em installed, again, let me know if you want me to tweak anything. Enjoy! :drink:

Barbie_zip.badc0b838398f540567c4b1bd4496

Barbie.zip

• 2 weeks later...

:Thank you SeanPatrick..Now to put them to work..:cvcsalut..When I put the skns on I follow this path owner documents esim sbpro mods textures desert woodland winter and extract to the respective folder us2000...The woodland skin shows in all the above folders...What should I try to get the desert/winter skins to show?/ Disregard, I found out that you have to open the folder then put each dds file in the proper folder..In my case u.s.2000...Everything is working now...I wish to say thank you to all of the people that helped me get the markings on..

Edited by delta6