SB Crash errors

Guest Killjoy

Guest Killjoy

I've been having a problem with SB crashing out with "Steel Beasts has stopped working. Find solutions" window.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but that doesn't seemed to have worked.

Any ideas?

• Members

So, even if you try to run Steel Beasts now, it won't start?

In that case there may be a corrupt file that gets loaded while you start SB Pro which survived the uninstall process. Obvious candidates are the options file, and the records file. Their locations are described in the user's manual, chapter 2 (the boring section about the file structure which you thumbed through because you would never need that kind of nerdy info... ;) )

My copy of Pro PE has a crash error every single time I play it.

Every time I press a key or click the mouse to skip the end credits slide show, the application crashes to my desktop and I get an error reporting window.

I haven't mentioned this problem until now because, well, come on, if an application is going to crash this would be the time to do it!

I've been having a problem with SB crashing out with "Steel Beasts has stopped working. Find solutions" window.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but that doesn't seemed to have worked.

Any ideas?

Make sure you wipe every file and trace of SB then reinstall from a fresh download.

Also check your direct X version also you mite be able to do a windows roll back to a time When It Did work.

But I would go for a total reinstall you can back up your skins and stuff to disk

I would get some random crashes in the sim, even when exiting the program like Maj. Hans, but running a malware scanner like Malwarebytes, I found some other issues with my computer that were interfering with normal applications running.

After the scan cleaned them up, I've been playing crash free for months.

Just a suggestion, sometimes it's not the program itself, it's a symptom of something else going on with the computer sometimes.

Never any crashes here,

WIN7 64bit ultimate 3570K (oc to 4.2ghz) Ati 6870

Intel SSD drive

And

Win7 64bit E8400 oc to 3.8ghz Ati 5770 , Agility SSD drive

Steel beasts is always been very solid in my computers (i have two :P )

So least win7 64bit/ati and steel beasts is good to go :drink:

-haukka81

Never any crashes here,

WIN7 64bit ultimate 3570K (oc to 4.2ghz) Ati 6870

Intel SSD drive

And

Win7 64bit E8400 oc to 3.8ghz Ati 5770 , Agility SSD drive

Steel beasts is always been very solid in my computers (i have two :P )

So least win7 64bit/ati and steel beasts is good to go :drink:

-haukka81

I'm sure Killjoy will find this information most helpful if finding and fixing his problem.

Edited by Tjay

• 3 years later...

i get crashes in the mission editor for one particular scenario for a particular map i've been working on- it seems like it started happening after a point when i started adding lots more buildings and villages in the map editor.

the crash will occur when i attempt to save the scenario as it's being updated in the mission editor, but when i boot steel beasts again, launch the mission from the mission editor, it will work again- it just seems to crash each time changes are being made.

• Members

There should be crashdump files that we'd be interested in, and of course the map and scenario itself. ... assuming that this is SB Pro PE 4.0 you're talking about. With 3.0 crashes could occur if the 32 bit process was simply running out of memory due to an overly complex map (which is why we switched over to 64 bit, among other reasons).

2 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

i get crashes in the mission editor for one particular scenario for a particular map i've been working on- it seems like it started happening after a point when i started adding lots more buildings and villages in the map editor.

the crash will occur when i attempt to save the scenario as it's being updated in the mission editor, but when i boot steel beasts again, launch the mission from the mission editor, it will work again- it just seems to crash each time changes are being made.

Terrastan per chance?

• Members

I don't doubt that you had your reasons, but then it would make sense to open a separate thread about it. Programmers might read this thread at some point and if there are too many different issues discussed at the same time this can become confusing (and therefore delay a solution).