New .sce Safe House.

Pop Smoke

I just completed and uploaded a new .sce. Named "A safe house rescue" it involves the clearing of a series of designated areas of enemy units and finaly a town, in order that a Chinook can fly in safely and extract the people in need of rescue.

You do have plenty of kit for the job and radio assistance, but the reckless commander may well find themselves short of kit by the time they reach the town, rendering the objective nigh on impossible.

Mission is scored and has a "Mission End" finish.

But I am sure you are not reckless! :diable:

Should keep you occupied for an hour or so anyway.

I would appreciate a little feedback, "It's fun, It's crap (say why or I can't do any better next time)

etc.

Nice map.

I moved 3 STRV'S into landing zone from the west side. Then called in 2 recon helicopters to fly 2000 meters ahead of Chinook route. Changed the chinook route to fly terrain cleared by the STRV'S on the west side.

Mission ended when the Chinooks were half way to the landing zone. They never reached it. Mission score was all 1000 points.

You may have something wrong with the end mission logic. Also, The enemy AI was very static, Meanining they never moved. Very easy to take out once Air recon locates them.

Just trying to give some constructive crit. But I do thank you for the posting the mission as it did provide a good tactical challenge for about an hour. Thanks.

Cheers Chance, that's what I wanted, I will try and sort it out and improve it later this week. I did notice that I had concentrated on getting the score right for a success but forgot to set up a proper failed mission ending, although it is partly covered.

I appreciate you taking time to reply and offer some very constructive observations.

Initially I had more units in the town, but it seemed to take too long to get it cleared properly, so I reduced them, perhaps by too much.

I know you can acheive the mission goal by circumventing various aspects at the moment, but that will change, the MO for this mission must be that all enemy units are destroyed before the chopper can be called.

I must make the helo route fixed as well!

OK I have made the following changes.

Altered the briefing to reflect the various changes.

Reduced the scout helo's to one.

Reduced the number of AFV's for Blue.

Increased the number of enemy units in town.

Removed the ownership of the Chinook from player to computer and set a condition that the Town must be clear before the chinook can be called in, the area outside the town does not have to be clear (your call and also should you be stuck chasing two troop through the woods it will allow you to ignore them if you feel it worth the risk), but the chinooks route is fixed (you will have to imagine that there is no other choice but to fly this route!)

Added some extra radio messages.

Tried to improve the scoring logic, and did improve the mission fail logic.

The enemy units are by necessity static, otherwise they would not be where you were told to look for them, and in the town their purpose is mainly defensive and disruptive, the challeng being in finding and eradticating them to the extent that you can call the chopper.

I have tried to maintain a balance between difficulty and doability. I know that for the very skilled or experienced player it may be easy enough, but I do want it to be playable by a fairly broad section of the user group.

I will upload the modified file now.

Check before downloading that you are getting V 2.0 !!!

I am happy to make further changes if anyone thinks an improvement can be made, so please feel free to comment.

Ahh, the joys of scenario design... :)

I know TB, frustrating, but this really was a bloody silly one due to my not actually testing it after I had changed it. So totaly my bad.

V3 now uploaded, check before DL that V3 is displayed (should you feel at all inclined after so much frackin about!)

I am finding it quite a tough mission now, but I am pretty rubbish and find the AI nearly suicidal unless I am watching their every step.

Played the mission and enjoyed it. Only have two recommendations:

1) Perhaps make the bottom area a deployment zone so the player can arrange his forces before the mission starts. Not a biggie, as they can be moved around after the mission starts, but it takes a few minutes for the reorganization.

2) Have the mission end automatically when the chopper makes it to the safe landing zone. Again, no biggie, just polish.

I can send you the AAR if you'd like? (PM me your e-mail) It's approx 6 megs.

Game play was smooth. To increase difficultly, try playing without using the Griffon to scout, as the EN stays fairly stationary. Good practise for fighting in built up areas. Could be a good training co-op scenario too.

Hi TB glad you enjoyed it, as you say the deployment is pretty much in the players hands anyway so I wouldn't bother altering it now. As for the mission ending, well it does do that, the chopper gets back to the rcovery, 20 seconds later the people disembark (spawn), and a short while after that the mission ends with the red "Mission |End" on screen, did you not get that? It worked ok before and I have not altered it that I can think of, I must have another look at it to see if there has been a change, but mission end setting is pretty basic.

I would be interested in the AAR. Cheers!

Thanks loads for the feedback too! :)

As for the mission ending, well it does do that, the chopper gets back to the rcovery, 20 seconds later the people disembark (spawn), and a short while after that the mission ends with the red "Mission |End" on screen, did you not get that?

Unfortunately no. I think if you change the "AND" to "OR" in the "End Blue mission if" box, it will work the way you wanted.

56e83c6a149e3_EndMsn.jpg.f896543d070b7af

56e83c6a149e3_EndMsn.jpg.f896543d070b7af

Ha, I missed that! Thanks Tacbat, Considering this meant re-editing, I have also implemented your Idea to set the Blue units in a deployment zone, I like it.

Good AAR, it is interesting to see different tactics!

Thanks again for your input!

New version is uploaded, check that V4 is the version you are getting if you are downloading it.