Map-Riddle

manteuffel

I attached a zip with some pics. On the map you see the little town in the center. Also you can see a bit landscape and get a feeling about the terrain.

I want to know the name of the towwn in the center of the map.

First and fastest answer (the right one) will receive the map from me.

Some hints:

- Europe

- bad weather

Have fun !

Where_it_is_zip.318beea720e87e21cbb45d9f

Where_it_is.zip

Ok some more hints:

In google you will see a highway from n/w to s/e. But I decided to not build it because it wasn´t in the past :)

A lot of monuments are in this area

And it´s not France,UK,Denmark or Rumania also not Italy

But now I´m quiet.

St Vith would be my first guess.

It fits with an approximate elevation of 450m, a major valley to the south (ruling out Vielsalm, which was my second thought), and 12km south of La Gleize, where a KT is displayed.

The contour interval displayed would be 10m placing the elevation of the main river at around 400m

St Vith would be my first guess.

It fits with an approximate elevation of 450m, a major valley to the south (ruling out Vielsalm, which was my second thought), and 12km south of La Gleize, where a KT is displayed.

The contour interval displayed would be 10m placing the elevation of the main river at around 400m

YES ! It is St.Vith. But why it took soo long time ? :bigsmile:

Send me a pm with your mailadress and you receive the map.

I finish the area between Schönberg-Vielsam and Burg Reuland - Recht

But a lot is to do.....

Living in the country where St. Vith is situated,

a) I feel a bit ashamed not to have found the answer ...

b) am very envious of GSprocket, but congrats to you !

And THX Manteuffel, for another nice map from your hands !

Actually, I've never been to St. Vith, hmm might go therein one of the nexts weeks

This "stairs" are not my Problem. Of course it is very dismotivating to see such steeps but I must place villages and towns where and like they are.

I tried to move houses with more distance to the road but then this village not looking like it is.

A software solution is need. Also for the roads who laying at mountains and you have the feeling to gliding downhill on that.

Why I phrased the comment as I did. The "Rules" are an inherent part of the terrain engine and building model.

I thought I'd heard of a terrain editor tool that permitted cross levelling or embankmenting a road, but not that it improved things in the region near buildings.