Bug or just unlucky?

Gibsonm

Hi,

This happened in OP Variable mission 2 to Marko, but I didn't want to post it until that was over:

12066140545_20021e8a62_b.jpg

Was he just plain unlucky to move in front of the other tank's muzzle just at the moment of firing (i.e. sh*t happens) or is there some sort of bug where the AI might attempt to fire through a friendly vehicle.

I presume the AI can't random fire on other friendly units?

Can provide the AAR file if it helps.

• Members

I'd not be alarmed until it happens more frequently.. sometimes it's just bad timing (and I am not sure if the AI checks both its LOS and the LOF.. ie if there's lots of lead the LOS might be clear but it'd still hit its wingmen.. of course with KE ammo this would be somewhat unlikely)

SB's AIs make blue on blue since 2007 as far as I can tell.

Most of the time it's red side, but sometime, it happens on blue side. But I tend to think it is a bad unit management than an actual bug.

After all, as PL you have to adopt the most appropriated attitude against the enemy.

• Members

So far in all the cases that I observed or that were presented to us, the victim was moving into the trajectory in the moment when the gun fired. It happened to me as well. You can't see movement outside the 5° cone of your field of view as a gunner. To that extent I think it's just realistic.