Bounding overwatch.

Itkovian

Salutations.

I was wondering: what is your favourite method of executing bounding overwatch manoeuvres?

Do you split off the platoons, using the map to command them? Do you do it from the TC position and order units using the "go there" command (or some such)? When possible, do you prefer to use two different platoons to overwatch each other (thereby not having to split them up)?

I am especially interested in how you operate in single player scenarios, where command of several platoons is common, and manually splitting them up and ordering them to overwatch each other is too time consuming.

Thank you.

Itkovian

It depends on what I have. With a single platoon, I would split the platoon into 2 sections. With 2 different platoons, I have 1 cross and the other do overwatch. If you have command of several platoons, you should use at least 1 or 2 platoons to overwatch. (Since you have multiple platoons, splitting them isn't necessary, unless you have to defend a wide perimeter)

Thanks, I'll have to work on it.

For now I've been trying to do the Tank 201 scenario (was part of a package of someone's favourite scenarios). Basically it's your tank versus 9 enemies "randomly" placed on the map.

Never made it past three tanks before getting taken out, but it's a wonderful exercise in Situational Awareness and terrain recognition. :)

Itkovian