What happened to the 29th AR?

RedWardancer

It looks like this is the unit to join. However, their website is down and the forum sight hasn't been used in over a year. So, how do I contact and join or should I just log into Teamspeak on Fridays and just play with whomever?

Game hasn't arrived yet, just watching out for the mailman...

Depends much our your time zone.

TGIF is not VU specific and start fridays at US friendly times.

911 is a german VU, but they have english speaker and do regular games during the week and on weekends(if there is no major football game on TV :-P

BG-ANZAC are playing at Australien times, and usually on weekdays.

(Mark announces mission here and at SimHQ a few day ahead)

As far as I know, the active VUs are:

US/Canada:

1st Canadian Armoured [CAN]

3rd Armored [uSA]

Europe

507 RCC [FRA]

Panzerbataillon 911 [GER]

TARGET [GER]

UK Armour [uK]

Soviet VU [uK/IRE]

Other

BG ANZAC [AUS/NZ]

(Apologies to anyone I may have overlooked). I have seen YouTube vids of missions by PzBtl 911, TARGET, UK Armour, SVU, and (IIRC) BG ANZAC. Well worth viewing.

In addition to these SB-specific VUs, there are probably a number of multi-sim "clans" that play SB. I recently participated in several SB missions with United Operations, which is primarily a hardcore Arma group, but is starting up an SB "branch", for lack of a better word. You can see some of their SB vids here: Krause's Y/T page

And in addition to that, periodically there are campaigns put together by various dedicated SBers. We recently concluded Operation Variable IV (which was my first campaign), run by Tacbat. I believe the next one up is "Rolling Thunder: Operation Rising Bear," which is being conducted by Gibsonm of BG ANZAC -- see the multiplayer games sub forum. Again, there are numerous YouTube vids of prior campaigns. (My favorite are the "Brave Rifles" missions.)

I have seen YouTube vids of missions by PzBtl 911, TARGET, UK Armour, SVU, and (IIRC) BG ANZAC. Well worth viewing.

Yes I include an embedded version of "ours" in the BG ANZAC meeting announcements (pretty much every week).

I'd also endorse the Brave Rifles playlist:

It was my hope to have a combat cameraman for "Rolling Thunder" to show off 3.011, but so far no one has put their hand up. :(

Yes I include an embedded version of "ours" in the BG ANZAC meeting announcements (pretty much every week).

I'd also endorse the Brave Rifles playlist:

It was my hope to have a combat cameraman for "Rolling Thunder" to show off 3.011, but so far no one has put their hand up. :(

I could film, but I don't think 1,5 hours of an FO vehicle sitting around...fiddling with FS-menu and a howitzer firing from time to time is much entertaining.

Maybe (something I fear a bit :-( ) the guns will be doing: "Fire mission, direct fire..." halfway through mission 2. Then there is more action