Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Holman

How to install DirectX 9.0c on Win 8.1?

Hello all,

I just bought my copy of SB Pro PE. I thought I'd go ahead and install it while waiting for my Codemeter USB to arrive. My machine runs Windows 8.1.

The first thing I learn is that I need to install DirectX 9.0c. When I download and try to install 9.0c through "dxwebsetup," however, I'm told that I cannot install it on a Win 8.1 machine. I would need to have an older operating system for "dxwebsetup" to work.

Is there some way to properly install DirectX 9.0c on a Win 8.1 machine?

Thanks!

Thanks very much!

I just tried it, and it installed without a warning about my OS. However, it did seem at one point to be downloading what I assume are the latest DirectX files, which made me worry that it was getting DirectX 11 instead of 9.

Is there anywhere I can look to see that I have a DirectX 9.0c installation as well as whatever the latest DirectX is?

Thanks again.

that was DirectX 9.0c, not DX 11.

you will be able to verify that it installed correctly when you start SB the first time.

on my Windows 7 computer I can browse to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and scroll down to find the DX9 files that were installed.

you can run DXDIAG to check the version of DX, but it will only indicate the newest version you have, DirectX 11, and won't say anything about the fact that you also have DX 9 installed.

Thank you once again for the info!

I won't be able to run SB until my USB arrives, but I'm glad to know it will work.

3.023 Update:

This thread is probably no longer relevant given that the DirectX install is now bundled as well as the Codemeter software, as part of the SB install itself.

Awards