Hamachi issues and 3.012

FLEXCopMNPD

Trying to get two people who normally have to connect with Hamachi to connect with the .012 Beta. I have been unable to get them to connect without using Hamachi.

Any suggestions?

As the host am I supposed to be doing anything special or have it set a certain way?

Yes I know "they" are. :)

My question about all three meant to include you as well - so we know that its not 3.012 clients trying to connect to a 3.011 server.

Just trying to make sure we trap the information required to actually be of some help (instead of assuming, perhaps wrongly). ;)

That's what he did and it was still giving him that error. The 3.011 would work but the .012 beta wouldn't :(

And I used the PFPortChecker program and it was showing that my ports weren't forwarded. I checked the port forward guides and for some reason it said with the router I have I wouldn't be able to forward all the ports required, but when I first installed Steel Beasts it didn't say that.

I am using an Apple Airport Extreme Router behind a Motorola SB6141 Cable modem.

I am using an Apple Airport Extreme Router behind a Motorola SB6141 Cable modem.

I use one of the Apple Airports as well (with built in time machine) and its all good.

However the ISPs Modem I had to set into bridge mode so it wasn't trying to be a router too.

Can send you screenshots of my Airport settings when I get home if you like?

• Members
Everyone is indeed on the .012 BETA

One guy was receiving a "can't find spinkit.dll" error when trying to run the beta. Any ideas?

This suggests that the installation that he has is broken, for whatever reason. I would suggest to uninstall EVERYTHING (=Steel Beasts, CodeMeter entries) through the Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, then to delete the eSim Games folder in C:\Programs(X86)[/font.

Download the full installer for SB Pro PE 3.011 here, and install 3.011 in one go (no patching sequence). Afterwards, extract the beta archive straight into the ..\Steel Beasts\Release folder, overwriting the old executable (and creating a copy of it in the process).

The spinkit.dll error is a symptom of something deeper that has gone wrong. I don't know what it is, but as long as we can create clean starting conditions we don't have to waste everybody's time with guessing what may have caused it.

Thanks Gibson. I am not sure entirely how my network is configured even though I am the one who set it up :) I think I forwarded the ports properly but seeing your settings would be very helpful.

I will pass along the guidance one my friends install. It is very weird indeed.

Hope to figure out where the .012 beta issue lies for us. Ensuring my settings as the host seems to be of primary importance.

Thank you kindly for all the assistance.