AI Hyper-Accurate?

Tread_Head57

• Members
...now I'm a bit confused. Do the NEW AI gunner accuracy settings for Easy, Medium and Hard apply also apply to multiplayer via the server setting. Or do the server accuracy settings remain as before?

This should also have an effect on network sessions to the extent that the server settings will apply in a given scenario. But I haven't tested it personally (and the programmers' statement doesn't mention whether this affects network sessions).

You can help us by testing it out: Give it a try with 3.017 and report back if you can see a difference between easy and hard difficulty settings when playing the SAME scenario in cooperative style (you mustn't have human players on Red).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should also have an effect on network sessions to the extent that the server settings will apply in a given scenario. But I haven't tested it personally (and the programmers' statement doesn't mention whether this affects network sessions).

You can help us by testing it out: Give it a try with 3.017 and report back if you can see a difference between easy and hard difficulty settings when playing the SAME scenario in cooperative style (you mustn't have human players on Red).

Thanks for the info. I will ask Hoggy if we can do this during our next training session.

For those who are enjoying this currently, make hay while the Sun shines.

This series of posts indicate that in 4 or so days time (depends where you live) 3.017 will expire and you will be back to the settings in 3.011 until maybe June or so:

Chappy - its too late at this point, but thanks for trying. We wanted to stop issuing licenses for a test that will be over in a few days.
Right so in 5 days or so (based on the warning message I receive on launch) 3.017 will stop working.

Are we then back to 3.011 until the things being tested in 3.017, and the earlier public betas, are rolled into "3.0something else"?

Correct. In June we'll start the next open beta with the 64 bit version of SB Pro PE. Once that that test is over too we will probably wrap it up and release another free update for the current release. Beyond that all work will go into the next upgrade, scheduled for the second half of 2015.

Taken from here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=20713&page=3

Alas, due to training committments in relation to the UKA/SVU H2H with Target VU, we were unable to test this before the 3.017 beta expired.