SB Pro PE: X64 Open Beta Posted

Sean

Initial "one on one" test with "Mastiff" in the US (300+ ping).

Both machines had 60 or greater FPS (even on the server in the 3D world while shooting) but it was a fairly simple scenario.

Better test tonight my time.

(Don't worry Volcano, not going to start adding stuff back in to the Rolling Thunder series). :)

Initial "one on one" test with "Mastiff" in the US (300+ ping).

Both machines had 60 or greater FPS (even on the server in the 3D world while shooting) but it was a fairly simple scenario.

Better test tonight my time.

(Don't worry Volcano, not going to start adding stuff back in to the Rolling Thunder series). :)

Yes very good test, I'm in California and Gibson in AS. was very smooth...

Yeah, but if its going expire in a few weeks or a month and only fixes a few other issues, I don't see the point.

It looks like there is no major performance boost for SP, so I don't think its worth the effort of re-installing for a new version that will be obsolete in a short time.

Yeah, but if its going expire in a few weeks or a month and only fixes a few other issues, I don't see the point.

It looks like there is no major performance boost for SP, so I don't think its worth the effort of re-installing for a new version that will be obsolete in a short time.

It is like the previous beta versions. There is nothing to install or reinstall. When the beta expires you just use the existing executable "SBProPEcm3_011.exe" which is untouched by this process.

The choice is yours.

Regards

well it say the beta is running until the end of the year.. So why wouldn't you?

multiplayer community on Windows 7-64 is invited to participate in this test, which will end on December 31st, 2014.

• Moderators

Actually you don't have to re-install anything after it expires. There is a new EXE with a different name, and when it expires, you just do not run that exe anymore (and run the original one). You could of course delete the expired EXE after that though. ;)

Well.

1. Its NOT a "reinstall", you just add files. Personally I duplicated the Steel Beasts folder (5mins work) and used that - but I'm paranoid.

You just launch a different executable than 3.011. When its over just delete the public beta executable and go back to launching 3.011 (or install the production patch that the betas are meant to result in).

2. The license expires on Dec 31 so there maybe more iterations coming.

3. It builds on 3.017 and adds the 64Bit support.

But its entirely up to you.

The three files for the Release folder do not overwrite anything. The one file for the Shaders folder does overwrite a file. But, as Ssnake (?) said above, the new file is backwards-compatible with v. 3.011.

Excellent! You guys at eSim keep consistently delivering more than I expect.

Up to now, I'm pretty happy with the x64 build. It is a delight how fast the editor initiates - makes scenario building much more enjoyable. If I detect anything, I will promptly send a bug report.

Thank you, gentlemen! :luxhello:

• Members
Should I try it if I only play SP? I saw the notes and it said not to bother if you don't play MP. Is the network code the only thing X64?

Well, the entire executable and associated memory management is 64 bit. So, when dealing with particularly detailed maps and particularly large scenarios it can happen that the 32 bit executable crashes because it runs out of memory. The X64 version won't.

So, there's another performance advantage.

OUR main focus is the networking part, but that shouldn't stop you from trying it out. It's free and you have nothing to lose by it.

Well, the entire executable and associated memory management is 64 bit. So, when dealing with particularly detailed maps and particularly large scenarios it can happen that the 32 bit executable crashes because it runs out of memory. The X64 version won't.

So, there's another performance advantage.

OUR main focus is the networking part, but that shouldn't stop you from trying it out. It's free and you have nothing to lose by it.

Ok you convinced me :)

Haven't had a chance to test it online, but the beta's working great in sp. Like Scrapper, I have noticed the load times decreased. And the ability to adjust mission start time in the 3D world is a cool addition, thanks.

As an added benefit, my graphics interface didn't recognize the new executable and therefore didn't apply any overrides. Suddenly the game looked better than it ever had. For some reason, the overrides were disabling AA in the commander's view and causing some shimmering on nearby vehicles. Using only the in-game graphics settings, all that is gone. :luxhello: