Game night?

Guest Killjoy

Guest Killjoy

Was playing around and watching some of the Brave Rifles/Bloody Nose missions and got to wondering;

Where is everyone?

I remember a lot of people from this Forum, when I started, that I never see, play with, or even talk to anymore. Is it due to the lack of "bigger" games?

If that's the case, what about a TGIF EU night?

Well there are "bigger games" - we just keep re scheduling them. :)

I believe D u k e (aka Duke911) is thinking about a multi national event to road test their new server config before we thrash it on 9th of August.

I think the killer is time zones.

UK Armour is about 7am for us, BG ANZAC is 9am or so for you (both on work days).

The US guys are somewhere in between.

If you can come up with a "good" / "least worst" compromise then all for it. :)

Was playing around and watching some of the Brave Rifles/Bloody Nose missions and got to wondering;

Where is everyone?

I remember a lot of people from this Forum, when I started, that I never see, play with, or even talk to anymore. Is it due to the lack of "bigger" games?

For what it's worth, the new group at United Operations seems to be growing, largely on the strength of European membership. It looks like this week's mission may significantly beat our prior attendance record (except that now I've jinxed it). We're getting pretty close to TGIF in size. Of course, it's not a TGIF-style game, but take a look at our CONOPS, and you're welcome to attend if it suits you. (I'd say the two biggest differences to UK Armour are that we are a bit more rigid with radio comms procedures, including Channel Commander/whisper lists, and senior and subordinate COs confer on planning prior to mission day).

Mission is every Saturday at 2200 GMT. We may move it an hour earlier at some point, but right now I don't have the heart to make our key Australian member get up so early on a Sunday AM. :bigsmile:

Servus,

The TGIF EU night is an old idea. I think years ago I wrote to all COs of europenean VUs to start it. The result were the NBG battles made by Zipuli.

Where is everyone?

I´m open for all discussions do establish the TGIF EU night. I´m not the boss of PzBtl911(v) this time, but I think my guys have no problem to use our new machine to host this event. It`s better to talk then to put the heads down in the sand. So if there is some interests let me know.

cheers

D u k e

Hi Mark,

Didn't we already do this with the result being:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=17110

Just use these results and "everybody" can participate instead of restricting it to a European only, "TGIF EU night".

yes sure, but the most interesting thing for me is, who will organizing everything week by week, where is our preference (COOP/ H2H), etc....

so I´m waiting for suggestions.

cheers

D u k e