Rolling Thunder: Operation Rising Bear - The Final Thread

Gibsonm

14620689397_74411816b5_o.png

Well after 11 hours its over! :)

Firstly my thanks to:

Panzer_Leader and TAC197 for the work they did on their scenarios, the Battle Book and in "EXCON".

D u k e and the guys from Pz Btl 911 for allowing us access to their server and for then getting it setup. If nothing else we have conducted a great rehearsal for LNoT later this year.

Falli and others for the great skin pack to use for the missions.

Volcano for having a look at the missions after our first go.

The TGIF crowd for letting me use them as test bunnies to see if the "improved" ones were in fact improved.

And lastly to the 30 or so people who took a sizable chunk out of the weekend to sit in front of a computer for an excessive time frame and probably damaged their kidneys in the process. :)

If you survived one or more missions you can add this to your signature bar:

14873033385_a7dc7f67f8_o.png

Available here:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZ8lJ7ZTtyCvJLzMYRxJmXgvmzWjhRrvJXy

If you were silly/committed enough to attend all four missions you can add this one:

14850055026_be83d66aa4_o.png

Available here:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZQlJ7ZTcmWO1BrThXNYMP8IesqmFCbWNGy

AARs from Server:

Mission 1:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZYlJ7ZyH2rkXzr5H5AofyyHMyJujrnsJkX

Mission 2:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZTlJ7Zj2HRx4kN7t56CdJtAhmNuSugPHvk

Mission 3:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZglJ7ZkQT8MwNmJDFl2DGnNcn2a8b4Lr2k

Mission 4:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZPlJ7ZM5sCjpJpizpzqks8Sunj4BuQaXh7

Full write up type AAR maybe later.

Always happy to receive constructive feedback on what was good / how things could be improved.

If its "This thing was good", then that's fine.

If its "This should be fixed", then please also detail how to fix that issue.

It may or may not be incorporated but at least let me know.

PLEASE though can we avoid the whole "too close to reality" thing?

Pretty sure we have done that comprehensively, twice, before now. ;)

Roll on LNoT in the next few weeks!

Edited by Gibsonm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gibsonm, for the great set of missions in Rolling Thunder. Enjoyed being able to participate and I, along with everyone else, appreciate all of the work you put into this. A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon and evening. And a special thanks to PzrBtl 911 for hosting.

Connaugh

Thanks for all the effort put into this Gibsonm and Crew! I had a blast during the 3 scenarios I managed to pull through before having to hit the bed with the last mission being an epic unforgettable battle for me in my LAV-III :gun:

Also thanks to Falcon for stepping up to take the role of Two-Niner when 12Alfa had connection/computer issues, doing a good jobb as usual!

/KT

Guest Killjoy

Should have the parts for my PC to get in on the next scenario by next week. Here's hoping it doesnt take too long to put together! Looks like I missed a good 'un! :(

PLEASE though can we avoid the whole "too close to reality" thing?

For future reference, as I can still see some grumbling about it.

Should have the parts for my PC to get in on the next scenario by next week. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to put together! Looks like I missed a good 'un! :(

Um "what next scenario"?

The "LNoT concept" is four (or so) scenarios back to back in the one sitting, hence the "Long Night" part, so we have completed it today.

Its not a "one mission per week" type affair.

Hence the driving influence of the poll responses.

Sorry if I somehow built expectations that we'd be doing four missions per session, per week! :)

Edited by Gibsonm

Well Done Mark (and others involved!)

A great event from start to finish.

A big thanks from those of us in UKA who were able to make it.

And extra cookies for battling on through and getting this up and running after the first attempt.

Sorry more of us Brits couldn't make it but RL and technology was against us :(

And a big fat Medal to Hedge for stepping up in mission one when CT Perseus's CO was rendered combat ineffective by a Spetznaz Cat parachute attack!

Firstly my thanks to:

Panzer_Leader and TAC197 for the work they did on the scenarios, the Battle Book and in "EXCON".

Thanks Mark, it was awesome to see it come together today after all the blood, sweat and (almost) tears of the last however many months. Thanks for keeping us on track and pushing us when we needed pushing (which was more than once). Thanks for your monumental effort coordinating everything, through the first attempt, the remediation of the original scenarios and today. I hope today's 11 hours of tanking goodness made it all worthwhile! :luxhello:

Thanks also to my comrade in arms Tac197, D u k e, Falli and the team at PzBtl 911 for use of their server and Volcano for assisting with the scenario design between attempts one and two, and, of course, everyone who joined us for one or more missions - without you guys it couldn't have happened. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Thanks to all who had a part in organizing and running this event for the community! It was a great relief to have the second try go so smoothly. It's outstanding when members from around the world can get together to enjoy a shared pastime and to further deepen the interest that has brought us all together.

Guest Killjoy
Um "what next scenario?"

The "LNoT concept" is four (or so) scenarios back to back in the one sitting, hence the "Long Night" part, so we have completed it today.

Its not a "one mission per week" type affair.

Hence the driving influence of the poll responses.

Sorry if I somehow built expectations that we'd be doing four missions per session, per week! :)

Blast! Damn you, Hard Drive!:mad3:

Firstly my thanks to:

Panzer_Leader and TAC197 for the work they did on their scenarios, the Battle Book and in "EXCON".

Mark, thank you for the time, effort and cat herding that you did to make this event possible. I appreciated the time you took helping a novice scenario designer like myself especially when we had to cut hard to make it work over the network. Thank you to all the BG ANZAC team for their assistance, especially Panzer_Leader and a big shout out to the 911 crew(Duke and Falli) for their help.

Many thanks to Volcano for his review of my scenario(although you did make me cry) :)

From my perspective, I enjoyed the activity and I hope everyone enjoyed the battle book, it was a concept that I wanted to try and I think it looked good. I also hope that players enjoyed Scenario 3 as much as I did designing, creating it and running it from Red. (I spent a lot of time sighting the weapon pits and tank scrapes)

Thank you to all who participated and bring on LNoT....

TAC197

Hey Tac,

your arty fire in mission 3 against my tanks was good. You kept us busy all the time. I don`t know how many HEAT rounds we shoot to the observing Infantry squad. Well done.

cheers

D u k e

Thanks Duke,

There was a stay behind OP team that had eyes on you guys and the Canadians. Can't underestimate the value of a grunt with a pair of Binos and a radio...:bigsmile:

Regards,

TAC197

I realy liked the "battle book". Maybe next time we can prop that up to a "country book" including key-leader cards and everything.

Again, great work by all involved.

Hi Grenny,

Happy you liked the book, if you have a format, PM me with the concept and I will see what I can do.

Cheers,

TAC197

Its given me nightmares.

The amount of ICM dropped was obscene.

Hi Hedge,

I guess the rule I applied was if it was static for longer the 5mins then it received a dose. Mind you we used the divisions 5yr allocation of ICM in the one defence, I don't believe comrade quartermaster was very happy. :bigsmile:

Cheers

TAC197

First off big thanks to everyone involved in the planning, organization, and execution of this event. It was my first big Steel Beasts event and I have to say I was very impressed and had a great time!

From the Canadian perspective I think we gave an excellent account of ourselves and in particular missions 1 and 3 were well executed. We got a little greedy in mission 2 and got burned for it but still dished out more than we got. Massive thanks to Kingtiger, Colebrook and Zipuli for running the platoons and 12Alpha for his planning that made stepping up on short notice pretty simple. Looking forward to participating in the next event!