Crashing with version 3.011

Stevo

Hello,since i,ve installed the version 3.011 my steelbeasts crashes everytime i run a game,i think it has something to do with the graphic settings but i cant figure out how to fix it..can someone take a look at these bug reports and help me out?thanks

i also get this:

[18:56:19,691] WARN : -------------------------------

[18:56:19,691] WARN : Steel Beasts Log File v3.011

[18:56:19,691] WARN : Thu Aug 21 18:56:19 2014

/ 2660

[18:56:19,691] WARN : -------------------------------

[18:56:31,422] ERROR: Failed to open hot keys file file 'C:\Users\Stefan\AppData\Roaming\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\options\std.hkf'. Error code: 2

dont know what it means..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/agega4jjn0o9wnk/logs.zip

crash_zps193735f7.jpg

as you can see in the screenshot,text of the briefing looks blurry to me.

This is what the crashlog says:

Niveau Datum en tijd Bron Gebeurtenis-id Taakcategorie

Fout 21-8-2014 23:52:15 Application Error 1000 (100) "Naam van toepassing met fout: SBProPEcm.exe, versie: 3.0.1.1, tijdstempel: 0x530b0f11

Naam van module met fout: DINPUT.DLL, versie: 6.3.9600.16384, tijdstempel: 0x52158cc7

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc000041d

Foutmarge: 0x00014725

Id van proces met fout: 0x16d0

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01cfbd8a09a3f45b

Pad naar toepassing met fout: D:\SteelBeasts2014\Release\SBProPEcm.exe

Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DINPUT.DLL

Rapport-id: 69b7b495-297d-11e4-bf30-002354a1a35d

Volledige pakketnaam met fout:

Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: "

system info:

27 inch samsung

24 inch samsung

i7 Asus p6t

Nvidea ftw gtx460

Edited by Stevo

None of the crashdumps you provided originate in SB code. In fact, they all originate in DirectInput. Maybe your DX update installation was not complete after all.

I saw from your link that you used the "web" installer to update DX. Maybe try the "full" installer as well, just to be sure:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Last not least: you're running Windows 8, which is not fully supported by the DX stuff we use. If you applied for an "Open Beta" license in the past, you should try running the Open Beta exe to crosschek, as it should be Win 8 compatible:

http://www.esimgames.com/?p=1714

I'm not aware that it makes any difference (although I have to admit that I am only testing Windows 8.1 on a Virtual Machine here, as I don't want to spoil a perfectly good PC by installing that "operating system wannabe mess").

If you want to try it, your best bet would be setting it to XP compatibility. However, as mentioned above, IMHO it should not make any difference at all.

Just wondering: is s/o else here running 3.011 on Windows 8.1?

Same DMP contents as before, no new info here...

Please do me a favour and try the Open Beta once you get a chance. Thanks!

By the way: I don't know which version of Windows 8.1 you're using, but in case it's a Pro version or higher, you have built-in virtual machine support, called "Hyper-V":

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

If you're stuck with 3.011 on Windows 8.x (we know that this combo is causing trouble) running Win7 or XP inside a VM could be a temporary alternative --- at least as long until you can try the Open Beta (which would be the preferred way, of course).

• 2 weeks later...