2 or 3 Monitors? Works???

Overlord

If you can still run two (or more) instances of SB on the same machine, you can run a "multiplayer" game from the first window and jump into another position in the second window. Then, you can put that window on the other screen and have a map or whatever.

I was see the old post, but think that is not a solution, need all slots in multiplayer combats ...:gun:

• 4 months later...

I tried this (v3.011 and before) just to use the second screen for map functions, but it lagged terribly. Even if it was only me on my own host as "single-player" (all running on one PC). BUT, with the new/improved netcode in the x64bit version (3.023), it runs 2 instances smooth like silk - impressive! :luxhello:

Not really. Just start SB twice and let one host the game that the other can join. I will have 2 "Ingolf" playing, one as commander, the other as gunner (or whatever one prefers). Then have one of them just look at map. Very simple. You need to run in "window" mode to be able to drag one instance (map view etc) over to 2nd monitor.

I currently use three monitors for my desktop and would love to have the map on one screen and the 3D world on the other. However, I don't believe this really took off for any tactical or strategic gaming and can only recall one game which used it: Supreme Commander. Even then, I would have to disable my third monitor for it to work.

For Steel Beasts, I've played in windowed mode and stretched the window across all three screens to give me about 150 degree immersion from the TC seat (My wife thinks I'm insane, but hey its all about the immersion).

I'm wondering if I should just build an Abrams CCTT module in my basement running SB software?

I currently use three monitors for my desktop and would love to have the map on one screen and the 3D world on the other. However, I don't believe this really took off for any tactical or strategic gaming and can only recall one game which used it: Supreme Commander. Even then, I would have to disable my third monitor for it to work.

For Steel Beasts, I've played in windowed mode and stretched the window across all three screens to give me about 150 degree immersion from the TC seat (My wife thinks I'm insane, but hey its all about the immersion).

I'm wondering if I should just build an Abrams CCTT module in my basement running SB software?

That would be cool. ; )

eSim are moving into the CCTT market....according to Press Releases.