We're falling behind!

Rotareneg

World of tanks will soon have ricochets off vehicles:

JNre8RCudSs

Steel Beasts was already lagging far behind WoT, missing the floating text and HP bar above targets and the glowing highlight around vehicles to make it clear you have line of fire on a target, just to name a few examples, but now with the ricochets the gap widens even further leaving SB with no clear advantage. eSim, please do something or we risk losing players to the more realistic competition!

CAUTION! THIS POST MAY CONTAIN EXCESS AMOUNTS OF HYPERBOLE!!! ;-)

All kidding aside, I hadn't noticed that SB apparently doesn't model ricochets off armor until I saw that WoT video. I tested it by trying to bounce 7.62 coax off the side of a Leo 2A4 turret, which has a nice flat sides, and didn't get anything except impact flashes. I had some trucks behind the tank to catch any potential ricochets and nothing hit then either.

Well APFSDS doesn't really ricochet that well, it tends to shatter instead.

HESH and HEAT similar.

Small arms - who cares (sorry tongue in cheek) but probably not their focus.

Depending on a whole bunch of variables, the 7.62mm may have been deformed by the impact or lost a bunch of velocity so it may not have made it as far as the truck (depends on how far away it was), let alone still be able to damage it, if it had.

WOT is fun, but fun because it has the element of surprise to it. Of course the lack of realism...

It would be nice if there was a simple join a platoon multi player red vs blue etc for SB

Of course we would need a a playable late model T-72, T-80 or T-90 to make it interesting. :clin:

World of tanks will soon have ricochets off vehicles:

JNre8RCudSs

Steel Beasts was already lagging far behind WoT, missing the floating text and HP bar above targets and the glowing highlight around vehicles to make it clear you have line of fire on a target, just to name a few examples, but now with the ricochets the gap widens even further leaving SB with no clear advantage. eSim, please do something or we risk losing players to the more realistic competition!

CAUTION! THIS POST MAY CONTAIN EXCESS AMOUNTS OF HYPERBOLE!!! ;-)

you forgot tanks magically appearing in the middle of a field, and cloaking device bushes.

• Members
Today we can boast something like 90 million installs of World of Tanks worldwide. And if you combine the recently released XBox version, World of Warplanes and Blitz, which was released a month ago, it’s more than 100 million registered users. [...] In February we took 1.1 million concurrent users in Russia alone. 1.1 million Russians were playing at the same time, which is actually 2% of Russia’s male population.
(linkage)

..I guess they don't really care..