Soviet Motorized Rifle Regiment (BMP) Template

JohnO

With out having to reinvent the wheel, which scenario do you goes know that has a Soviet Motorized Rifle Regiment (BMP) in it, so that I can import over to a scenario I'm working on?

A long time ago someone had built a template of all the units that is in a Soviet Motorized Rifle Regiment (BMP).

I thought that Bn supports were different in BMP and BTR Regts?

Something to do with the relative paucity of AT assets in the BTR units.

Well yes there would be a little "tweaking" to do but at least he'd have a 90% solution to start from instead of a blank sheet.

Also depends on the focus of the problem being modeled and the equipment etc its being run on.

For example with all this (and it has a lot of the CS and CSS missing) "on map" and a suitable Blue defender, frame rates become an issue.

This is similar to what we had for Rolling Thunder where the initial Red forces had to be "trimmed", even to the point where MG Inf on board BMPs were deleted because they counted as part of the overhead but were unlikely to be needed in the mounted assault for example.

Thanks to LTCOL Gibson, RAAC, and Mogwa templates. Good thing I kept most if not all of my SB files on this laptop instead of my desktop PC which the HD crash :icon_frown:

Working on putting the Soviet MRR OOB together and was looking at the Atk Flt, Mark and was wondering, if ground troops would fly with Atk helicopters (Mi-24 Hind E)? I know they can carry troops if necessary.

JohnO