Video Thread

DemolitionMan

IDF M48A3 no. 817564 being laid as a monument for its four crew members, school friends who served, fought and fell together in the 1973 war:

During the Chinese Farm October 15th-16th night battle, this tank was hit and immobilized and its crew members found themselves alone, wounded and surrounded by the Egyptians. They called for help, but their battalion (which started the battle with 22 tanks and ended it with 6) failed to find them at the dark, foggy desert while it was blocking heavy Egyptian armor counter-attacks. After long attempts to locate them, their calls ceased.

The area was later taken by the IDF and the tank was found near this road curve, burnt and damaged all around, but without trace of the crew. Several months later, the bodies of 3 crew members were found buried in the sand at some distance from the tank and the fourth crew member's body was returned by the Egyptians. The crew apparently tried to move on foot and fought to the death.

The four crew members, officer cadets, posthumously received their officer ranks and were decorated for their brave fighting along the war, notably in their last battle and in the October 14th major armor battle vs. the Egyptian 21st armored division.

The tank as it was found in Sinai:

Image26+4644654.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Yeah, it's so much easier to bridge things in a simulation...

yeah specially when u look at the second attempt, where they actually roll it out, u slowly see the biber sink into the ground.. took me a while to notice it to begin with.

3 hours ago, DK-DDAM said:

yeah specially when u look at the second attempt, where they actually roll it out, u slowly see the biber sink into the ground.. took me a while to notice it to begin with.

Good video. I'm sure those guys learned a lot that day ?

Edited by Grenny

According to the video notes, CENTCOM has "allowed to disperse" such hardware into Hezbolla.

I cannot imagine this people operating an Abrams unit and besides the fancy flag they have thos Abrams look in very good condition for being operated by a Guerrilla Force.

Is this a propaganda video or is there any reality into this?

Ok, I answer myself. Seems this is real. There are a lot of pictures and videos of "hezbollah Ambrams " also with other US vehicles such M-113 or Humvees. And the apparenly know how to move such type of units

I simply had no idea. O.o

@Furia

Keep in mind that Iraqi Hezbollah is not necessarily Lebanese Hezbollah. Different leadership, experiences and origins. Though they probably have the same patrons. Kataib Hezbollah started out as a Shia insurgent group in Iraq fighting the occupation. It received support from the Iranians. After the IS invasion Kataib Hezbollah became a part of the militias (Popular Mobilization Forces) that the Iraqi government raised to try to stop IS' gains in Iraq.

On 5/14/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mirzayev said:

Here is the video of the Kanium's 07 MAY 17 multiplayer session. We had a great turnout of 28 players, and plenty of fighting to go around! 

Mirzayev, I just wanted to say I've only watched a couple of these longform mp videos beginning-to-end, including this one, and I was in awe of your ability to remain tactically aware in orchestrating what became a two-front defense while at the same time effectively fighting your own two tanks -- from the gunner's seat. I lost track of how many kills you scored personally. 

Quite a good show.

Came across this on the web:  a BMD takes 2 RPG hits and surivives.  End of video shows external damage.

It is 2-years old, so people may already be aware of it, but I found it interesting to see the damage effects.

11 hours ago, Marko said:

I got to sit in the drivers seat of this tank on a visit to bovington what a day that was.

I want to visit there some day as well. Did you have to pay VIP for being allowed to climb in or the normal ticket did it?

18 hours ago, Splash said:

Mirzayev, I just wanted to say I've only watched a couple of these longform mp videos beginning-to-end, including this one, and I was in awe of your ability to remain tactically aware in orchestrating what became a two-front defense while at the same time effectively fighting your own two tanks -- from the gunner's seat. I lost track of how many kills you scored personally. 

Quite a good show.

Wow, thanks for the compliment! This was actually the first thing I read after waking up this morning, and it definitely brightened my day.

I have noticed that I do tend to "zone out" while firing, so that explains my frequent request to "say again" whenever I get radio traffic during an engagement. 

Also, taking the time to develop a well thought-out plan pays dividends in game. Things are much less stressful when you have some idea of what the enemy is probably trying to accomplish, and how you can counter it. :)