Video Thread

DemolitionMan

9 hours ago, Major duck said:

It need to fire a few rounds very fast and it does that in a way so that all of those rounds from the burst fire hits the target at once

I wouldnt exactly call 3 rounds in 30 seconds "burst" fire....its about half the ROF of real SPHs like K9 and PZH 2000. And unlike the latter, due to its slow ROF, the CAESAR doesnt actually have true MRSI capability. 

the danes has asked for a higher hydraulic pressure so the lovering and raiseing of the rear spades can go way faster 

Good to know.....the painfully slow deployment of the spade was something i noticed too when watching the promo video. Its a process that shouldn't take more than 5-10 seconds max .

The thing i don't understand is why they haven't made a ammo belt like handling so that the guy who is manegeing the shells only have to set the fuzes and the robotic arm grabs the shells directly from the ammo belt.

Actually they have.....the Demo version of CAESAR 8x8 shown at Eurosatory last year , featured an automatic ammunition magazine and a loader arm that would pick up the shell directly from the magazine. 

For some inexplicable reason (most likely cost) we (DK) have chosen NOT to get CAESAR with that auto magazine.

and i really don't like that the crew is exposed it is typical hubris that we expect all future enemy's to be ISIS type opponents that don't have drones or helos or aircraft that is capable of hunting down the arty guns

IDK....i tend to think that the exposed crew issue is somewhat overblown ....mostly because the chance of our SPHs ever being subjected to counter battery fire is very close to nil.....and also because the other tracked SPHs like PZH and K9 isnt actually THAT much better armored......their armor offer little more than splinter protection anyway. 

Wrt to enemy UAVs or helos , the entire Danish ground forces is going to have to learn how to deal with that threat anyway......a good start being the planned acquisition of GBAD systems and surveillance radars.

While i too was hoping for a tracked SPH like K9, i must admit i kind of like the CAESAR......it has a very good gun, and is a proven system. Being a lot cheaper it would have made a lot of sense in twice the numbers......in other words, i would rather have 30 CAESARs than 15 K9s......but back to reality. We basically chose the cheapest SPH on the planet and still could only "afford" a measly 15 !...which tells me that we are lucky to get any new artillery at all......if only more expensive tracked options would have been available , there is a good chance that our entire artillery capability would have suffered the same fate as our submarine service(and the dodo).

On 11/16/2017 at 3:00 PM, Rotareneg said:

Another issue that's probably making it easier than intended is that BRDM-2 AT's are currently broken and cannot guide their missiles.

Just played it through and won on single player, I liked the atypical objective of just finding where they are defending instead of the more common "KILL EVERYTHING!" :D Also, I forgot how different SB plays when the observer position is disabled, maybe some day they'll get that working for multiplayer sessions too.

Oh, and one last thing: issues like the map updates changing are why I don't like password protected scenarios, it just means when they inevitably break due to some future update, they can't be fixed by anyone but the original creator who might not be around any more.

Sorry, just saw this post.

BRDM-2 ATs play an important part in the REDFOR security zone in this mission.  So if they're broken, that would definitely make things easier.  One day I'll get around to updating this mission, and I'll post it unpassworded.  There is one very big surprise in the mission that I wanted to keep close to the vest.  Also, the F8 view is...well, let's just say it's a pet peeve of mine and I wanted to force people to use the TC unbuttoned view. 

8 hours ago, Grenny said:

Slowly the Luftwaffe is getting close to becoming actually useful:

Didn't they used to be pretty useful in the past?  Didn't Germany have a bunch of F-4's and other stuff back in the 80s?

Also....That seemed, uhm, pretty explosive for a blue painted dummy bomb!

15 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

Also....That seemed, uhm, pretty explosive for a blue painted dummy bomb!

Which is why for some missions an inert concrete slug dropped from X thousand metres is just as good as an explosive device but with a reduced blast area.

Edited by Gibsonm