DemolitionMan

Video Thread

It appears the dazzlers were not turned on, probably due to the crew not expecting any ATGMs in the area. Also, based on discussions over at TankNet, the Shtora system would likely not be effective against the TOW2A in any case.

Well given that AFAIK you can even fire TOW close to each other nowadys...I doubt that Shtora is working against them.

I seem to remember that Shtora (at least in its original configuration) would defeat TOW-1 missiles which only had eight different pulse codes. Later TOW-2 missiles have a more sophisticated pulse coding. I suppose, if the codes were cracked at some point a software upgrade to Shtora could enable it to defeat such missiles too. Whether that's already the cdase, who knows.

It appears the dazzlers were not turned on, probably due to the crew not expecting any ATGMs in the area. Also, based on discussions over at TankNet, the Shtora system would likely not be effective against the TOW2A in any case.

Any particular reason why it would have been deactivated? It would seem to me if you were working with the latest and greatest in the Russian arsenal it would be prudent to err on the side of caution, and I somewhat doubt fuel consumption is a concern since urban combat does require that a unit proceed slowly anyways.

By the way, can you link to the discussion about Shtora's effectiveness against TOW-2?

Any particular reason why it would have been deactivated? It would seem to me if you were working with the latest and greatest in the Russian arsenal it would be prudent to err on the side of caution, and I somewhat doubt fuel consumption is a concern since urban combat does require that a unit proceed slowly anyways.

By the way, can you link to the discussion about Shtora's effectiveness against TOW-2?

Sure: here, from the tenth post on, and here. As to why the system was not turned on, I don't know, but since the system is infrared based it will generate a large amount of heat when operating, plus the emitters give off a distinct red glow that can be readily spotted at distance sooo...

Tali-Ihantala, a Finnish film with English subtitles, I've not had time to watch it yet but apparently it's quite good, It's got plenty of Stug, T34 and KV1 action.

?v=shapT_lZXH8&list=PLHi0cQJtv6YryJFh9ujzjxP0MkeJDsbDY&index=6

I like how they wave their arms, as if to say: "Here I am...in the giant effing tank!" Lol.
hahaha that was weird

I had to turn the volume off

The propaganda was way too thick even tho I know nothing of Russian

I had to turn the volume off

The propaganda was way too thick even tho I know nothing of Russian

Would you have done the same with a US or western documentary ? Everything Russian must be propaganda and bad in general, right ?

Would you have done the same with a US or western documentary ? Everything Russian must be propaganda and bad in general, right ?
I may just be tone deaf to american propaganda , then again I don't remember hearing someone go on and on in those videos. Hell seems the vids I saw barely had any talking... I dunno

At least the russian standarts have improved.(see the maintenance part of the vid)

While there where still in east germany they uses to spill the oil just on the ground...now they use containers.

This video shows the T-90A in action and also shows how a t-90A simulator is like:

Good find.

Some neat Abrams footage filmed fromt he top of the turret & from TIS - going at ISIS, Coax, Maing Gun, 50 Cal all in play...

Pme3W9TobYQ

One is certain, some of Iraqi tankers learned, and become effective fighting force... "natural selection" also plays a role here I suppose, the ones that didn't learned and didn't adapted, just died.

One is certain, some of Iraqi tankers learned, and become effective fighting force... "natural selection" also plays a role here I suppose, the ones that didn't learned and didn't adapted, just died.

At least tank+dismount cooperation seems to work now.

Looks like a lot of shooting for the sake of shooting :c:, guns moving all around and firing. I really like the hummers leading the way. Yes they are certainly learning.:heu:

That one was made in Poland at Drawsko Pomorskie proving grounds, these are probably largest proving grounds in Europe (outside Russia), and if I am not mistaken, you can perform there excercises up to a divisions level.