Fury

daskal

• Moderators

Well, I saw Fury finally. I wanted to like it, really, I tried very hard to - honestly. I said to myself, "I AM GOING TO LIKE IT". But no.

The worst thing that bothered me about the movie (besides the ridiculous final battle)? The silent tanks. I think that 9 out of 10 shots of the tanks, you couldn't even hear them. The inside of the turret was quiet. The outside was silent. I know they did that for dramatic effect so you could hear the music, but really, they should have take a page from Saving Private Ryan and have NO MUSIC. Just good sound. SPR did the emotions through the raw sound, and it was good. Dramatic music in a war movie just detracts from the experience IMO, and it really makes it feel like they do not trust the audience's level of intellect, so they have to spoon feed this cheesy "emotional" music to you so you know how to "feel" at certain key points in the "plot". Terrible.

The movie should of had the best sound, I mean they had the tanks available, right? But no, it was not immersive at all.

As for the final battle, they could have (and should have) just made it a battle against a platoon sized element and just draw it out in a realistic way. Less killing but more suspense. I guess the average idiot movie goer would think: "One tank versus 30 men? What's so difficult about that?" So they had to make it 300 Spartans versus a tank to get their desired effect I guess.

Ugh. So much potential...

Edited by Volcano

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I saw Fury finally. I wanted to like it, really, I tried very hard to - honestly. I said to myself, "I AM GOING TO LIKE IT". But no.

The worst thing that bothered me about the movie (besides the ridiculous final battle)? The silent tanks. I think that 9 out of 10 shots of the tanks, you couldn't even hear them. The inside of the turret was quiet. The outside was silent. I know they did that for dramatic effect so you could hear the music, but really, they should have take a page from Saving Private Ryan and have NO MUSIC. Just good sound. SPR did the emotions through the raw sound, and it was good. Dramatic music in a war movie just detracts from the experience IMO, and it really makes it feel like they do not trust the audience's level of intellect, so they have to spoon feed this cheesy "emotional" music to you so you know how to "feel" at certain key points in the "plot". Terrible.

The movie should of had the best sound, I mean they had the tanks available, right? But no, it was not immersive at all.

As for the final battle, they could have (and should have) just made it a battle against a platoon sized element and just draw it out in a realistic way. Less killing but more suspense. I guess the average idiot movie goer would think: "One tank versus 30 men? What's so difficult about that?" So they had to make it 300 Spartans versus a tank to get their desired effect I guess.

I went from eagerly awaiting for it to arrive in cinema's to renting/buying it on blu ray to now Waiting for it to be shown on the satellite movie channel. roll on thunder run

The worst thing that bothered me about the movie (besides the ridiculous final battle)? The silent tanks. I think that 9 out of 10 shots of the tanks, you couldn't even hear them. The inside of the turret was quiet. The outside was silent. I know they did that for dramatic effect so you could hear the music, but really, they should have take a page from Saving Private Ryan and have NO MUSIC. Just good sound. SPR did the emotions through the raw sound, and it was good. Dramatic music in a war movie just detracts from the experience IMO, and it really makes it feel like they do not trust the audiences level of intellect, so they have to spoon feed this cheesy "emotional" music to you so you know how to "feel" at certain key points in the "plot". Terrible.

And why did they dance with a tiger when they could've just shot it frontally with that high velocity 76mm?

Hmm maybe we should remake Fury with Steelbeasts?

Transplant into a fictional Cold War setting?

1 x Leopard 1 platoon against the Russian hordes?

6 hrs of realistic boredom followed by "Oh Shit! Here they come!"

And then being t**tted by an AT4 team you never even saw.

Need some voice actors though.

Who wants to write an emotional "Touchy feely" script about the FNG/NIG loader finally being accepted.

Then a Soviet rifleman blows his head off 'cos he wasn't paying attention when his head was out of his hatch?

Is it just me or am i being a tad too cynical here?

:)

• Members

We need a love triangle.

And best buddies who, separated by war, end up fighting each other.

One is trying to protect the land Enigma which, once captured in late '44, allows the convoy with the girl to be directed to safety. But a nefarious bureaucrat (the prospective father in law who doesn't like the Good Guy) decides to keep the convoy on course (he doesn't know that his daughter is on board) to protect the secret of the Enigma since he wants to sell it to the Japanese, so he can read their diplomatic cables.

In the end, only a captured German Tiger can save them, because it's awesome. They discover the lost Amber Room, but it gets hushed up, and stowed next to the Ark of the Covenant.

We need a love triangle.

One is trying to protect the land Enigma which, once captured in late '44, allows the convoy with the girl to be directed to safety. But a nefarious bureaucrat (the prospective father in law who doesn't like the Good Guy) decides to keep the convoy on course (he doesn't know that his daughter is on board) to protect the secret of the Enigma since he wants to sell it to the Japanese, so he can read their diplomatic cables.

In the end, only a captured German Tiger can save them, because it's awesome. They discover the lost Amber Room, but it gets hushed up, and stowed next to the Ark of the Covenant.

Nils. Stick with managing a software company and DO NOT switch to skript writing.

You'll starve!

Hmm maybe we should remake Fury with Steelbeasts?

Transplant into a fictional Cold War setting?

1 x Leopard 1 platoon against the Russian hordes?

There is a similar pretty neat "survival" scenario from Chance called "human wave" - 1 tank, 2 PCs against incredible amount of infantry.

We need a love triangle.

Nils. Stick with managing a software company and DO NOT switch to skript writing.

You'll starve!

Why, it ticks all the checkboxes for a blockbuster. It can even claim to be inspired by real events. :mrgreen:

This'll be one of the best straight to DVD/Digital Download movies EVER!

Will the amber room be studied by "Top Men" who don't know what they're doing? And eventually somehow open a portal to another dimension.

With devilspawn who try to invade planet earth, the only thing that can stop them is a captured Tiger with a war weary crew and a burnt out psychotic crew commander.

Could this be the crappy sequel where none of the original cast return?

Or am I just being silly?

We also need to do some John Le Carre style character building.

:)

We need a love triangle.

You read my script. LoL

• Members

I'm thinking of casting Chow Yun Fat as the Japanese ambassador in London who secretly works on a Mechagodzilla to steal the Enigma. When the machine breaks down after he secured the encryption machine he must flee with it out of Whitehall in some Matrix style (I'd expect a lot of double-handed PPSh action here).

I'm thinking of casting Chow Yun Fat as the Japanese ambassador in London who secretly works on a Mechagodzilla to steal the Enigma. When the machine breaks down after he secured the encryption machine he must flee with it out of Whitehall in some Matrix style (I'd expect a lot of double-handed PPSh action here).

Now you're just being silly. :heu:

:bigsmile:

We need a love triangle.

Don't forget the Chinese trained SS battalion! "Swarm the tank!"

Is the Lebanon movie a better tank movie than "Tank" (1984)? Or what about "Tank Girl" (1995)? :men_ani:

Well any film that depicts a Centurion fighting compartment to be large enough that you can shackle a PW inside to the turret basket and still fire the gun (without the PW's head getting smeared), oh and carrry other internal passengers as well, is pretty bad.

Is the Lebanon movie a better tank movie than "Tank" (1984)? Or what about "Tank Girl" (1995)? :men_ani:

"Tank" had the Rockford Files guy, much cooler than Wardaddy Pitt. And "Tankgirl," iirc, had a morphing AMX-13 and a postapocalyptic kangaroo-rapper hybrid.