Fury

daskal

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well any film that depicts a Centurion fighting compartment to be large enough that you can shackle a PW inside to the turret basket and still fire the gun (without the PW's head getting smeared), oh and carrry other internal passengers as well, is pretty bad.
To be honest, I never did make it all the way through "Lebanon." I turned it off during the scene with the extra person in the turret. "Waltz with Bashir," however, has the same general subject matter, yet is an excellent study of post-traumatic stress. Edited by GaryOwen
thought that I'd try writing in standard English rather than my own idiosyncratic gibberish

Ouch... talk about setting the bar low.

Gah, Lebanon.

I still feel dirty from watching that.

I did watch it all the way through then promptly threw the DVD out of the window.

The TC starts shaving and claims "oh we must be clean Schmulick"

*Facepalm*

Have you seen the inside of your tank??!

(Covered in shit and croutons)

And there's Gibsonm's point of internal volume issues.

Like I said, Traumatised.

:c:

However between being forced to watch Fury or Lebanon?

Fury.

We need a love triangle.

And best buddies who, separated by war, end up fighting each other.

One is trying to protect the land Enigma which, once captured in late '44, allows the convoy with the girl to be directed to safety. But a nefarious bureaucrat (the prospective father in law who doesn't like the Good Guy) decides to keep the convoy on course (he doesn't know that his daughter is on board) to protect the secret of the Enigma since he wants to sell it to the Japanese, so he can read their diplomatic cables.

In the end, only a captured German Tiger can save them, because it's awesome. They discover the lost Amber Room, but it gets hushed up, and stowed next to the Ark of the Covenant.

Well ! At least we got him thinking about doing WWII :)

The most realistic Tank engagement scene ever was in the movie Rambo 2

He was able to load the main Gun, drive the tank, track and kill a Mi-24 all at the same time In a T-62. it does not get any better then that. LoL

LOL. I believe that was Rambo 3. In Rambo 2 though, he did fire a LAW at the Puma from the cockpit of his Huey, and the POWs in the cabin survived the backblast.

LOL. I believe that was Rambo 3. In Rambo 2 though, he did fire a LAW at the Puma from the cockpit of his Huey, and the POWs in the cabin survived the backblast.

...not a problem, he covered the rear-opening of the LAW with his hand so everything

had to go out front :-P