BEER

Crusty

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little on the bitter side. Visible yeast after chilling. Other than that, it's a basic, bold IPA. Lots of grapefruit/citrus flavor. Wouldn't be my first choice by taste, and definitely not by price. It was $11 and some change for a six pack! (~€10.50!)

I guess freedom really isn't free. :P

• 1 month later...

Not quite a beer, admittedly, but someone gave me some Rekorderlig Cider yesterday.

Mixed wild berries taste and 4%

18056268411_1b543d8b29_o.png

No idea if its typical of Swedish beverages or if its like "Fosters" (the dross we exported to the world, so we didn't have to drink it here). :)

Not quite a beer, admittedly, but someone gave me some Rekorderlig Cider yesterday.

Mixed wild berries taste and 4%

18056268411_1b543d8b29_o.png

No idea if its typical of Swedish beverages or if its like "Fosters" (the dross we exported to the world, so we didn't have to drink it here). :)

We have a lot of flavoured ciders like that in the UK now, they're very

refreshing on a hot summers day, but a bit too easy to drink :bigsmile:

We have a lot of flavoured ciders like that in the UK now, they're very

refreshing on a hot summers day, but a bit too easy to drink :bigsmile:

'UK' and 'hot summers day' aren't words that go together that often are they?

• 4 weeks later...

On a recent trip to Wrocław Poland I was able to sample some of the local beers, I had three from the Fortuna Brewery the one in the picture is made with Mirabelka plums, very nice on a hot summer day.

Both beers from the Ksiazece Brewery were very nice, and very different to each other the lighter one more like a cloudy wheat beer.

The Porter from Zywiec Brewery though a Larger tasted almost like the Porters I'm used to in the UK, very nice.

The only one I didn't like was a Larger called Tyskie.

all in all very nice beers :)

56e83d221cb0d_PolandFortunaMirabelkaplum

56e83d221ea4a_PolandKsiazeceCiemne.jpg.2

56e83d222048a_PolandKsiazecewheat.jpg.f2

56e83d2225452_PolandZywiec1881Porter.jpg

56e83d221cb0d_PolandFortunaMirabelkaplum

56e83d221ea4a_PolandKsiazeceCiemne.jpg.2

56e83d222048a_PolandKsiazecewheat.jpg.f2

56e83d2225452_PolandZywiec1881Porter.jpg

I don't think were in summer yet.

I reckon its summer July to September.

Traditionally its held to be June to August but my observations on the climate here, I hold summer as July to September.

I though in the UK summer usualy falls on a Monday or a Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

A co-worker turned me on to this beer:

tequila_beer_pic_zpshhuwnt4b.jpg

I like it a lot. Very mild with a hint of citrus. 6% alcohol. Advertised as being "Blended with beer aged on tequila barrel staves" (the boards used to make a barrel). Curiously, the bottle also says, "Brewed [...] in Houston, TX and Williamsburg, VA". The latter being right down the road from where I live.

A co-worker turned me on to this beer:

tequila_beer_pic_zpshhuwnt4b.jpg

I like it a lot. Very mild with a hint of citrus. 6% alcohol. Advertised as being "Blended with beer aged on tequila barrel staves" (the boards used to make a barrel). Curiously, the bottle also says, "Brewed [...] in Houston, TX and Williamsburg, VA". The latter being right down the road from where I live.

Yeah but to mix things up a bit they swapped distribution areas.

You get the Texas Brew.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Trooper beer from the Robinsons brewery, very nice easy drinking,

if this on the bar I often go for a pint of this, unfortunately I don't see it in pubs much down in Kent, but it's available in the supermarkets.

trooper3.JPG

And here's an article about background of it's creation, as it says it's exported to 42 countries so it might be available where you are.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2015-07-16/10-000-000-pints-how-iron-maiden-rocked-the-brewing-industry

Trooper beer from the Robinsons brewery, very nice easy drinking,

if this on the bar I often go for a pint of this, unfortunately I don't see it in pubs much down in Kent, but it's available in the supermarkets.

trooper3.JPG

And here's an article about background of it's creation, as it says it's exported to 42 countries so it might be available where you are.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2015-07-16/10-000-000-pints-how-iron-maiden-rocked-the-brewing-industry

The corner shop sells that.

• 4 months later...