Can I make a backup copy of my dongle?

pzgr39

I own a codemeter's dongle for some time now, and it's pretty much damaged, and I hate being forced to handle it everytime I want to play SBPROPE, So, can't I just buy a cheap 128mb pen driver for 5 bucks and backup my dongle legally and use the backup copy instead of the original? At the current state my dongle will not last long and I'll forced to buy a new one all over again....

• Members

That won't work. CodeMeters contain a crypto chip which a normal USB drive doesn't have. However, contact me by email and we'll sell you a fresh, empty stick for the pure material value. We will then transfer the license from the old stick to the new stick without additional costs.

• Members

I think in this case it's more a matter of ordinary wear and tear. Having said that, I am still using the stick that I got for evaluation purposes three years ago. At some point it threatened to come apart at the seams, but a drop of glue for plastic model kits solved the issue.