VU visibility on the SB TS server

Tjay

It would be understandable if any new or prospective SB players dropping into the SB Teamspeak to see what's going on came to the conclusion 'Not much'. That's because a number of active VUs have moved to their own TS servers. I'm sure there are good reasons for that, but I'm wondering if there's a way to publicize those VUs a bit better than we do at the moment. I don't know the answer but others more knowledgeable than me might have some ideas?

Do you mean the little "widget" that needs to be turned to see the sub menu choices within/beneath "Virtual Units"?

The only way I can think of avoiding that is to "promote" each VU to the top level (i.e. remove the "Virtual Unit" level).

There maybe additional admin rights required to create and remove things at that level as opposed to how it currently is setup.

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks Mark. Actually I was thinking of the fact that not all V.Us use the SB TS server for their operations. For example you won't see 911, Target or United Operations listed. So I doubt the answer lies there. I was just wondering if it was possible for eSim to post a sticky with words to the effect that 'Not all V.Us appear here. Please see the SB forum for a complete list and contact details'. Or something like that.

I would be genuinely interested in knowing why some SB VUs decline to use the official SB server. Presumably there must be some advantages, but I really don't know what they are.

Well I think its because:

PzBtl 911 - fall out from "Padlock gate" ?

Target - no idea.

UO - Because most UO members play other games (ARMA, various flight sims, and a heap of others) using the UO TS and its just a case of convenience. If you ever go there it seems to have a huge number of sub categories (maybe too many :)).

Also if someone like PzBtl 911 has invested money to run a TS server (they aren't free to create) they probably want to use it whenever they can.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Administrators

pzbtl 911 and target want to converse in their native tongue. Only one of the moderators here speaks german that I know of. That makes it difficult to host that here. Same goes for the russian community. That's really just the forums, though. They may want their own TS server for convenience. I know they have a password on it and publishing the details here in the open would defeat the purpose of a password.

There is a large amount of crossover that goes on and pzbtl 911 makes a large effort to put together the long night of tanks every few months.

Well I think its because:

. . .

UO - Because most UO members play other games (ARMA, various flight sims, and a heap of others) using the UO TS and its just a case of convenience. If you ever go there it seems to have a huge number of sub categories (maybe too many :)).

It was partly this and partly because, at the time I organized the UO group, I was under the impression that their TS server required authentication in order to gain entry. This seemed like a good way to avoid the spammers/griefers who occasionally drop in to the Steelbeasts.com TS server. As it turned out, the authentication on the UO TS server either applied only to their ARMA subchannels or was discontinued shortly after I started the VU.

Going back to the premise of Tjay's original question, I would think that anyone interested in finding a VU would know to look at the multiplayer thread in the forum.