Volcano

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But I will command Orange.

Why is this a problem for me? Because I am an early bird and NOT a late-owl. Staying up so late on Friday messes me up the next day.

But for the glory of Steel Beasts, I'll do it!!!:gun:

My overall record is 3-3, however, I have yet to win a TGIF scenario

I think Brun will be a good Blue CO.

I Co'ed last week, I am not eligible to volunteer. Plus I am still sore from the wooping Colebrook put on My team last week.

Orange, and Blue Co should get together at least once before the battle to make sure Your plans Jive.

Playtested some martyrs on a blank mission map. Unless there is a way to increase the strength, these VBIED's are not very powerful. Within twenty meters, the best they can do to any given AVF was light damage, immobilization and maybe crew casualties. Tested against T-72, T-62, BMP-1 and BRDM-2...same results.

Oh well, I guess these are Walmart IED's...:clin:

• Moderators
Playtested some martyrs on a blank mission map. Unless there is a way to increase the strength, these VBIED's are not very powerful. Within twenty meters, the best they can do to any given AVF was light damage, immobilization and maybe crew casualties. Tested against T-72, T-62, BMP-1 and BRDM-2...same results.

Oh well, I guess these are Walmart IED's...:clin:

An immobilized vehicle (and usually it has a laundry list of damages) is essentially a kill. I don't know what more you want there. Yes it almost never outright destroys a vehicle, but it is almost always rendered useless.

The M1A2 and M2A2 that were struck by an IED a few weeks ago in the Convoy Ops 01 scenario, come to mind. I am sure whoever was in both vehicles could tell you that the IEDs are plenty effective.

BTW, all IEDs are currently the same power, whether they are buried or VBIEDs. This is something we want to improve at one point, but I don't think that you are using them right if you don't think they are effective. ;)

• Moderators

17 APR scenario:

Delaying Action 04t-HN(UK)-3025-OMU

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

24 APR scenario:

Leopards on the Hunt-3025

This scenario used to be called "Tigers on the Hunt" but was changed for... obvious reasons (we don't have a Tiger tank, and "Leopards" is more descriptive). ;) Also a few tweaks were made from the previous play though, of course.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

1 MAY scenario:

Domfessel 2013-3025-OMU

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Well, the way it works is - if no one volunteers by the time of the game then you can CO. Not that someone has to let you know before hand otherwise you will do it. ;) If no one posts here before game time then you can have it.

But at the rate things are going, it doesn't look like anyone will volunteer...

• Moderators

8 MAY scenario:

!Conglomerate Steel-Leo2-3025-OMU

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

15 MAY scenario:

!Kursk 2013 v5a

NOTES:

Edited by Volcano