TGIF 2015: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

I was in that area and that was one of the most annoying things - the stuck vehicles were, in many cases, not touching the walls or barriers visually, but were stuck fast nonetheless. No amount of maneuvering would free them, and we spent much time trying.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

16 JAN scenario:

!Zollerheim 2012b

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

I was able to download the file with some technical help (i.e. someone who knows how to use a pc).

I'll command Blue. Someone has to do it. :icon_frown:

Going up against the formidable and menacing Brun is almost suicide as his career record is something like 22 wins, 1 loss and 4 ties :c: (And that one loss is debatable :D).

Edited by RedWardancer
added text

Going up against the formidable and menacing Brun is almost suicide as his career record is something like 22 wins, 1 loss and 4 ties :c: (And that one loss is debatable :D).

I did not keep track Of win's losses for the first 25 Tgif's I co'ed.

In My last 21 Co's.

Wins 13

losses 5

Draws 3

I'd say 75% of the 13 win's where the result of the Initiative, and actions of My teammates. 100% of the losses where the result of Me.

• Moderators

23 JAN scenario:

Border Dispute 2013-3023

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators
Just a heads-up in case anyone wants to take over. I will not be able to make TGIF tonight so I won't be able to CO Red after all. Sorry for the late notice. Just found out this morning I have to travel for work tomorrow at 5 AM.

Bummer. OK, it looks like Red CO is open again.

Please, don't everyone volunteer at once.

Glad that one is over. Blue got their heads handed to them this time. I was focused almost entirely on the west with my infantry platoon. But from what I heard over the comm, it wasn't even close :c:

Seems like the initial thrust up the middle got savaged and dissipated much of our tank strength. And kudos to Volcano for taking out two Challengers with a single ATGM team. I was in the second Challenger and saw the missile team fire, but the missile flew right into the ground (I forgot there is a new network latency problem that seems to cause this to appear all the time). I made the mistake of popping into F8 view and got momentarily disoriented. Should have realized that the missile actually was in flight, and just hosed the missile team down with coax.

The close combat nature of some SB scenes does cause this type of encounter between tanks, and troops. If it is heavily wooded and if troops pop up very close by then anything goes. If using the shock value of Your vehicle to charge them or the MG, whatever works.

Troops in SB don't surrender, so they must be dispatched. What if Your vehicle is out of ammo, or damaged main gun, or MG? Sometimes the best way to deal with an ambush is to charge it full speed. Tanks used their tracks in WW2 to grind troops that where left to hold at any cost, without proper anti-tank capabilities. It is bad for morale to get run over by a vehicle. Try not to put Your troops that must fight to the death with no surrender in that position.

The scene designer could make running over troops a NO NO as part of the ROE for a specific scene. I think a total tgif ban would be a bit drastic.