A question about formations

Bahger

i know there are "set" formations for different forms of platoon movement but how, in the map screen, do I set a different formation, say line for an engage move, so that the platoon adopts it immediately? It seems to me that once I choose "engage" as the move order, the platoon will revert to the standard formation when it departs the waypoint but perhaps this is user error.

i know there are "set" formations for different forms of platoon movement but how, in the map screen, do I set a different formation, say line for an engage move, so that the platoon adopts it immediately? It seems to me that once I choose "engage" as the move order, the platoon will revert to the standard formation when it departs the waypoint but perhaps this is user error.

Right-click on the unit icon > Formation > *Pick one*

Right Clicking on the Unit Icon and setting the formation this way will override it's current formation.

Or, you can right-click the map a small distance away from the unit and create a new waypoint. Make an engage route form that waypoint to the destination, then right-click the route and select the new formation. Finally, send the unit to the starting waypoint.

This takes a little longer, but allows for the route & formation to be used autonomously and can be used with triggers/conditions/events.

• 3 weeks later...