Op. Sovereign Shield - feedback

daskal

I haven't played through the full scenario yet - only had a quick look, BUT I must say that I really like all the "craftmanship" and detail that went into this map and scenario. It's just looks so alive and rich with detail - I recon Dragon-1/Archangel spent quite a lot of hours on this. Here is the opening few minutes:

0Zb7dSTG9e0

Hopefully I will have some time today to properly playtest it.

Daskal, I'm honored. It is your cool, surreal videos on youtube that finally got me to check out how good Steel Beasts is. Thank you.

* I want to mention that I notice that the supply convoy moves well through town if the path is clear but, its best if you actually drive the lead tank of each platoon over the bridge before setting their northern paths. I know its work but, search on the internet 'tank accidents' and 'logistics accidents' and you'll see where I'm going with it. I feel its realistic in a fair sense to real military operations.

* For Version 4.3, I hope to:

> Give around an extra 4 minutes for you to have time to cross the bridge and set up for the invasion.

> Work out some random events to keep the scenario giving nice surprises.

> Make that rear platoon of M1 roll out with you (oops, sorry again).

I think that I'm almost at the point where it's close to finished. Now is the time for feedback and suggestions on bugs, improvements and use of tactics. After it's working well, I will port it over to offer German, U.K, U.N. and Russian versions. Like I said, I'm All-American but, I can't wait to see what vibe this scenario gives commanding Soviet-era equipment.

Take care,

Marino (1-DRAGON)

Please make more! Especially single player scenarios! About 80% of my SB time is spent playing alone instead of multiplayer mode, I really don't enjoy spending time to modify a scenario except for changing units, things like that.

I am also All-American, and enjoy using our homegrown stuff as well. Though, maybe I should look into using the God-Tanks (Leos).

RedWardancer, thank you! I will most likely try making another one. I'm waiting to see if anybody shares their opinion on weather the enemy tactics seem interesting, as I feel that is where I might let some of the more experienced players down. If people like it, I'll know I'm on a good track.

That said, the fact you said that, along with Daskal makes it all worth it and I will certainly do my best for you again:)

//

Daskal, I want to say I'm sorry for ranting here about detail and stuff. This is your thread. And thank you for your kind words.

Marino (1-DRAGON)

Edited by ArchAngel7