T-14 ARMATA new russian tank

kotplus

" After five years of development, the Uralvagonzavod Research and Production Corporation has finalized manufacture of the first batch of Armata tanks and heavy personnel carriers. They have been included in Russia’s 2015 defense order, TASS said.

Reportedly, 20 units have already been manufactured and issued to troops for hands-on training. "

What happened with the Army tests? Done already?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0.00- T-34/85

0.55- SU-100

1.11- STS Tiger-M/ AMN 233114. ID point is a distinctive bulge on engine hood. There no LMVs in column; it seems that project was finally axed in 2012 or 2013 with NIH reason.

1.52- BTR-82A

3.09- Typhoon-K/ KAMAZ 63968

3.32- Typhoon-U/ Ural 63095U

4.02- Kurganets-APC with MG turret under tarp; also note absence of APS on the hull.

4.33- Kurganets-IFV with Boomerang-BM unmanned weapon station. Looks like it have some kind of new hard-kill APS on the hull(aside of soft-kill APS/LWR integral to the turret)

4.57- T-90A. Note size difference between MBT and new IFV :)

5.46- BMD-4M. ID point is streamlined glacis plate

6.46- BTR-MD or BTR-MDM "Clamshell". Resolution is too low for proper ID...

7.12- 2S35 Coalition-SV. Turret shape is very distinctive.

8.10- 9K720. 4 TELs and 4 TLs...

8.37-11.55. Assorted AA stuff :)

11.56- SS-27 or SS-29

13.20- Boomerang wheeled platform in APC or IFV config...

No, state acceptance tests are not done(or even started). Its all about russian internal politics and not a maturity or readiness of new systems ;)

The documentary alfa posted about the Russian tank plant

Showed a Russian army officer had to sign off on each tank and also there was a range Qualification for each tank as well

Marko said:
The documentary alfa posted about the Russian tank plant

Showed a Russian army officer had to sign off on each tank and also there was a range Qualification for each tank as well

I mean trials for standardization of weapon system and its authorization for service, not a Q&A...

BTW... New dashcam video popped-up:

nA0A1A0IHbs

duck

A small water based avian creature.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck

Duck is the common name for a large number of species in the Anatidae family of birds, which also includes swans and geese. The ducks are divided among several subfamilies in the Anatidae family.

Ducks are mostly aquatic birds, mostly smaller than the swans and geese, and may be found in both fresh water and sea water.

Ducks are sometimes confused with several types of unrelated water birds with similar forms, such as loons or divers, grebes, gallinules, and coots.

You also have the duck test.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

:)

How do they get onto the tank? The slat armor is only place I see low enough to put a boot unless there something on the left side

looks like glacis is chest-high, so average-build healthy male is presumable able to pull himself up without problems. But yeah, this beast definitely needs somekind of normal hand grab bars and footsteps...

• Members
looks like glacis is chest-high, so average-build healthy male is presumable able to pull himself up without problems. But yeah, this beast definitely needs somekind of normal hand grab bars and footsteps...

Maybe it is deliberate. If you think about peacekeeping operations, the least that you want is an armored vehicle than can easily be climbed by a mob.

• Members
Perhaps they are entombed in their capsule with X days of rations, water and life support (perhaps using a repurposed Apollo Lunar Command Module).

Why, let's just plant mere brains in nourishing biogel inside, and wire it directly to the tank controls. Then we can modularize it and plug a new brain in whenever one is needed.

Have I played too much Fallout? Does it show?

Why, let's just plant mere brains in nourishing biogel inside, and wire it directly to the tank controls. Then we can modularize it and plug a new brain in whenever one is needed.

Now that's just silly.

:)

Yes, yes you have.

And Yes, it does.

:D

Seems like a nightmare in case the autoloader jams during operation. I mean it doesnt look like anyone can get there from that capsule easily to do anything.

Well, this is a price for complete isolation of the crew from ammo and fuel. More interesting, IMHO is how they solved problem with situation awareness, especially with observation. T-90MS, for example, have mast with cameras on top of the turret and it was expected to see same solution on T-14...

The more I read about it the more I get impressed about the quite revolutionary Armata. Of course, the jury is still out on its real world performance.

Is there a Personal Edition? I need a new brain so I can graduate already. That or stop playing computer games too damn much.

Well, this is a price for complete isolation of the crew from ammo and fuel. More interesting, IMHO is how they solved problem with situation awareness, especially with observation. T-90MS, for example, have mast with cameras on top of the turret and it was expected to see same solution on T-14...

Complete isolation is right. They can't stick their heads out while the turret is operating. They are completely reliant on the electronics. Everything has to work all the time. All the low tech is gone, like direct optics backup for aiming. Perhaps a little too much button pushing?