Brief: Chain of Command and customized AAR.

gunnyhighway

Is there a way to draw a chain of command in the brief?...I drew one in Microsoft Word, but that part was not reproduced when I copy pasted the file in the brief.

Any comments?

Then, is there an AAR accessible after a mission which could be variable in relation to the score obtained.

There is a brief numerical analysis, but I don't know if the scenario designer has the possibility to create different pre-written analysis pages, that would be selectively accessible based on the score obtained, as an AAR.

I know I am asking for things which are generally, done by a human supervising the simulated operation.

Edited by gunnyhighway
clarity

Is there a way to draw a chain of command in the brief?...I drew one in Microsoft Word, but that part was not reproduced when I copy pasted the file in the brief.

Any comments?

Then, is there an AAR accessible after a mission which could be variable in relation to the score obtained.

There is a brief numerical analysis, but I don't know if the scenario designer has the possibility to create different pre-written analysis pages, that would be selectively accessible based on the score obtained, as an AAR.

I know I am asking for things which are generally in reality, done by a human supervising the simulated operation.

1. Not really. Its text and importing graphics into text doesn't work well. I think a HTML compliant editor is on the To Do list somewhere.

If you want to show a hierarchy, I can only suggest indenting the subordinate.

2. The AAR can't be varied since its the result of that particular run of the scenario.

3. You may want to look also at the "report" file generated in HTML (but readable in Excel) that details:

who hit whom with what when

ammo usage

damage

etc.

Depending on how you set up the scoring of an scenario, you can only provide "AAR comments" to the player in 4 flavors:

"You're son of Mars":=major victory

"It was Ok":=Minor victory

"Shit happens":=minor defeat

"You sucked big time":=major defeat

But I never invest much time and thought into scoring, I rather whatch the AAR (map-view, all units shown)...and determine how it went from there.

I think a HTML compliant editor is on the To Do list somewhere.

You mean the_List, Right?

That would be nice!

If we could also have some MS Word features like mouse clicking to move the cursor, Fwd Delete, Home, End.

Bold, Italic, Underline.

(I would say images, but that's what map graphics for.)

But mouse moving the cursor would be the best feature.

**All Hail the_List!!**