Remember the model aircraft carrier that Iran was building?

Homer

Well, they have tried and proved that there AS-missles can hit a target.

Don't know if it was moving or if they operated an ECM at the target. ;-)

The closed terrain of the Gulf provides many ways of attacking a carrier group.

But none of it shall be discussed in public.

do they realise there are an screening force of frigates,destroyers and cruisers not to mention subs and the most sophisticated radar and aircrafft?...........Heck Chuck norris might even show up for that party!

I'm fairly sure they realize that. The MRL armed boats were mostly useful in harassing merchant shipping (that itself would have a rather disproportionate impact) during the Iran-Iraq War. They aren't of much use in fighting warships.

kBvBS2Cwpt8

If they are used in attacking a CVBG I'd expect their purpose would be to force the TF to pay attention to them while other things are going on (think of them in that role as extra fluff in a saturation attack which isn't a big threat, but can't really be ignored). The impressive thing in the OP's video was the Khalij Fars, if they have those in any numbers I'd expect they could pose a serious threat to a carrier, despite ABM armed ships protecting the carrier.

F-18 says Hi.

Whether F-18 is allowed to engage the "peace loving Iranians" by Obama.

I severely doubt it.

Presumably if Iranians are firing on American ships it is because we already started bombing them. They are neither insane or suicidal, the narrative that the Israelis have been spinning about them is rather inaccurate but has been useful at helping to prevent Iran from being one of a few possible and natural regional hegemons. In any event the last time Iran started a war was a couple centuries ago.