This needs addressing.

Marko

Some guys on the forum I will post a link to.

Are in the process of condemning not only SB as a simulation.

But the whole community as well. they are of course entitled to there opinion

Normally I would just ignore such BS, but there are a lot of lies and what really pissed me Off Was comments cut and pasted from this site used out of context to further their argument

there are comments from regular contributors to the SB forum which I doubt have any idea the comments a being used to conduct a hatchet job on SB and this community

Will probably get grief for this post but to hell with it you guys have a right to know,

Screw lets turn the other cheek shit. (lock and load) LoL

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?46458-Steel-Beasts-Pro-PE/page10

Yes we need to do something.

By keeping the forum as what it is, and by offering good events for players to have a good game.

There will alway be people who have differing opinions or even an axe to grind.

I do not see any reason for some special "adressing" of anyone else's arguments.

my 2ct,

I hope eneough people will agree with me, IOT not letting this thread blow up.

Yes we need to do something.

By keeping the forum as what it is, and by offering good events for players to have a good game.

There will alway be people who have differing opinions or even an axe to grind.

I do not see any reason for some special "adressing" of anyone else's arguments.

my 2ct,

I hope eneough people will agree with me, IOT not letting this thread blow up.

Not suggesting we mount up and charge over there,( the lock and load comment was a joke)

But simply letting people know there comments are being used to downgrade this community they may want to address that. (I would)

As I stated in my original post normally I ignore such comments

But there seems to be a few individuals doing the utmost to degrade SB and the community

The fact that a lot of potential SB players may use that particular forum I find disturbing That they are getting mostly negative feed back with a few exceptions.

Marko, just don't get wound up. That is counter productive.

As I said there are always people who feel wronged for some reason. And from their p.o.v. that is perfectly justified.

You can not argue against that.

All that one can do is do your own stuff and offer fact and information as objective as possible.

It doesn't matter if it was a joke or not, its now there "forever" and can be quoted (in or out of context) by anyone with a search engine.

They can trim 90% of what you said and just use the bit they want.

That is exactly what you are complaining about but you've just given them more ammunition.

And posting similar comments on multiple forums (fora?) just makes it easier for the search engines to find and gives the impression its a "widely held belief"

If you want to complain, do so in a reasoned, calm manner otherwise its just going to come off as another example of the "toxic community".

• Members

I've always found it most effective to let agitated ramblers in a discussion dig their own pit. You can't remain worked up and at the same time remain coherent and logical.

Given that it's impossible to promote an "objective truth" on the internet to begin with, the only logical conclusion is to not even try. Internet discussions are a form of Judo. You don't win by applying a maximum of firepower.

I personally am in favour of fighting fire with fire

May be its the Viking blood in me. LoL

I have joined the forum in question and intend to defend what I believe is a good and Helpful community with facts not fiction or resorting to juvenile behaviour

Gibsonm, I see your point about posting, but I will simply post the comment I made in its Entirety if a individual uses it out of context or try's to edit it .

It doesn't doesn't matter who he is.

Stuff like this does not belong on the forum regardless of intent.

Agreed,

I was just trying to get a feel if it was a concerted approach or if it was "just" groundswell.

I wasn't worried as to the "who", esp. As they would be posted under multiple userids.

Agreed,

I was just trying to get a feel if it was a concerted approach or if it was "just" groundswell.

I wasn't worried as to the "who", esp. As they would be posted under multiple userids.

I was responding to Tacbat. Your post and Cougar's were not there when I pressed reply and started typing, went to store for smokes, then finished typing and pressed submit.

Edited my previous post.

It would be interesting to find out so that the people reading it on the other forum were aware of the individual they were dealing with.

It would be good to know, especially if they are currently in the community playing in any group. Don't need that to be an association, or allow people to make personal choices on who they associate with.

It really doesn't matter.

Edited my previous post.

It would be interesting to find out so that the people reading it on the other forum were aware of the individual they were dealing with.

If a person is a jerk, a new alias will not change that. Pointing your finger at a jerk and telling everyone that he is a jerk seems kinda unnecessary.

It would be good to know, especially if they are currently in the community playing in any group. Don't need that to be an association, or allow people to make personal choices on who they associate with.

If this person is in a group and not a problem, why create one?

Just to make sure everyone knows this. The current situation on multiple forums that this is on, has nothing to do with us at DOW. All of this is unfortunate for the SIM, and the community. :c:

In this particular case, the 1st and unprovoked punch didn't come from a DOW member. I hope the person involved, at least has the calibre to post an apologie for that.

(No matter that others jumped in to happily stir the pot...)

I'm sure that anyone who reads these other forums and is curious enough to come here and check us out will find out that what's being said about eSim, SB and this community is simply not true. It's no mistake that PC Gamer had this to say:

...an uncommonly civilised multiplayer scene...dissatisfied customers are thin on the battleground.

Seems to me that new membership has actually seen an uptick recently. And the work that Mark, Sean, MAJ_Fubar and others are doing to welcome them speaks for itself.

I'm sure that anyone who reads these other forums and is curious enough to come here and check us out will find out that what's being said about eSim, SB and this community is simply not true. It's no mistake that PC Gamer had this to say:

Seems to me that new membership has actually seen an uptick recently. And the work that Mark, Sean, MAJ_Fubar and others are doing to welcome them speaks for itself.

That was the point of my initial post.

So many are contributing and promoting the Sim/ membership only to have a couple of Petty Individuals go to great lengths to diminish what's been done and the community's Good Name, If there was any truth in what there saying I would not have started the thread And I have to say there doing it in a convincing way using unrelated old comments posted On The forum that's what pissed me off.