SB Wiki data question

Companion

1. Abrams armor protection

"Frontal Hull Armour: 125mm-390mm vs KE"

I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard here and there, it seems like M1A1 (non-HA) level.

Didn't Mr. Lakowski estimated about 590mm max? :confused:

2. Ammunition Table

What's the standard range used?

Are all of those entries penetration @2000m?

And where can I get pen. estimations of various sabot rounds for different ranges? I'm mostly interested in penetration values at ranges <2000m

Oh, was AGM-114A Hellfire a KE round? I thought I would change the number (RHAe) color into Green but decided to get a confirmation from SB forum for just in case :roll:

well you have the LOS and non-LOS thickness.

the LOS thickness will be thicker, depending on the angle, this is just the minimum value at 0 degrees.

all of the values in the table are at p0, as in Sb. which is a ballistics term for muzzle velocity.

Hellfire uses a tandem HEAT warhead IRL, for simulation purposes it appears to have been treated as a KE equivalent - certainly HEAT penetration of a big warhead like Hellfire I would expect to be over the 850mm listed.

The value was obtained from the 'ammunition' option for the Tiger helicopter in the SB mission editor.