What New Artillery system would you pick for the next update

Marko

What New Artillery system would you pick for the next update.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What New Artillery system would you pick for the next update.

• AS-90
    • MLRS
    • PZH 2000
    • AMOS, modular mortar system.can be fitted to many different platforms
    • AuF1, French 155 SPG
    • TOS-1 Russian MLRS built on a T-72 hull
    • BM-30 MLRS (Smerch)
    • Abbot 105 SPG.

As previously stated in the other polls I ran

Its just a bit of harmless speculation not trying to influence future developments.

One of the new features that impressed me the most in the last upgrade/date was the addition of deployable on the map ARTY systems and the sounds effects.

We really do have a good selection of Russian/soviet and US systems.

Some systems from different nations mite be good additions

I have mixed some relatively new with some old systems such as the 105 Abbot for verity

To many systems to list all. I didn't include any towed systems even though there still used by a lot of nations. again there's to many to list.

Feel free to add your preferred system if I did not list it.

Just one vote per person.

If SB is able to model the right effects in the target area...i couldn't care less about the launching Plattform.

The gun is only ONE part of an artillery system, and i doubt that SB is able to model the differences between the arty systems in any meaningful way.

The 3D model of the gun is nice...but if its a 2S19, PzH 2000, AS90 etc etc

Who cares?

If SB is able to model the right effects in the target area...i couldn't care less about the launching Plattform.

The gun is only ONE part of an artillery system, and i doubt that SB is able to model the differences between the arty systems in any meaningful way.

The 3D model of the gun is nice...but if its a 2S19, PzH 2000, AS90 etc etc

Who cares?

Adds to the game immersion considerably, I would say but to each there own.

Plus if there on the map they can be knocked out with counter battery fire.

I have been told many of the soviet arty systems could out range there western equivalents in theory anyway

But I agree its the end effect that counts.

I want Archer!

Archer_f%C3%B6rsta_sidan.pdf.jpg

But besides that I rather see more functionality like copperhead ammunition for 155s, STRIX for 120mm etc etc.

And ground based 120mm mortar. right now we have 60 and 81. Sweden still f*cks around with 120mm mortar towed behind tracked vehicles or jeeps... And that is kind of hard to represent right now :)

/KT

Before making MLRS please remove map size limit to do not force anybody to place them outside of map in order to use its huge range advantage.

I think that MLRS is something with too long range for current state of SB PRO PE. I think that some kinds of howitzers and mortars would be good. Or some old MLRS launchers like BM-21 could also be included as their range is not as big.

I'd really like to see some guided artillery rounds. Especially Copperhead laser guided one. Also BONUS could be very useful.

I think that making mortar ballistic computer and working mortar sight would be a great thing. Here is one for ArmA 2:

Before making MLRS please remove map size limit to do not force anybody to place them outside of map in order to use its huge range advantage.

I think that MLRS is something with too long range for current state of SB PRO PE. I think that some kinds of howitzers and mortars would be good. Or some old MLRS launchers like BM-21 could also be included as their range is not as big.

I'd really like to see some guided artillery rounds. Especially Copperhead laser guided one. Also BONUS could be very useful.

I think that making mortar ballistic computer and working mortar sight would be a great thing. Here is one for ArmA 2:

Of course, every artillery man will agree that range is the ONLY factor when you decide which target you engage with what weapon. :-D

3 MLRS (1 plt) each firing 12 M-26 rockets would strike the area with 23,184 submunitions. I'm pretty sure that each battery has 9 MLRS and each Bn has 27., so a battery mission with every launcher firing every rocket would have 69552 submunitions strike the area. I'm no expert, but that sounds like a lot ...

Im sure some Redleg will correct me if Im wrong.

Mog

3 MLRS (1 plt) each firing 12 M-26 rockets would strike the area with 23,184 submunitions. I'm pretty sure that each battery has 9 MLRS and each Bn has 27., so a battery mission with every launcher firing every rocket would have 69552 submunitions strike the area. I'm no expert, but that sounds like a lot ...

Im sure some Redleg will correct me if Im wrong.

Mog

Well thats "only" ~70000 submunitions to cover 1000000m^2 :-)

Edit: me estimations come from arty FM+some math. They only people i know that actually did BN/Rgt size fire missions where the US. They also had a chance to do BDA to judge the effect...so pratical live may yield better/other results

Well both.

Currently the AI wont shoot them and in LNoT Mission 2 they were in range but didn't fire.

Luckily we didn't need them.

Hmm, For the Finland campaign they worked well. Maybe the is a new bug lurking in 3.028?

Would love to see AI use it as well, but doubt that it will be easy to let AI decide if its worth tossing rocket-arty at that particular target.

Nay some form of scripting in the sce-editor would help. "Fire GRAR at ... if..."

And just to let you know i voted for AMOS, but i'd also like to vote for some howitzers.

Howitzer with working interior, ballistic computer, and ofc some kind of GPS for a spotter team.

There is a DAGR in ArmA sries ACE mode. Its rudimentary (has only basic functions). But it helps a lot when creating fire mission. Also there is a Vector laser rangefinder simulation, that supports displaying data for fire corrections!

So why not include such complete artillery simulation for SB?

I think that following "modules" or rather features could be added to SB:

-Mortars (with fully working sights, powder charge simulation (change powder charges), fuse simulation (change between different fuses including timed, proximity, delayed and impact).

-MBC for mortars.

-Some SPH with working interior and fire control system. Also with multiple fuse settings, different powder charges, possibility and ammunition for self defence direct fire in emergencies.

-Some serious rangefinder simulation (including all functions of real device and link to DAGR or other GPS device).

-GPS receiver for a spotter team (like DAGR).

-And again, guided munitions. I can't wait for a Copperhead! It can do more "magical" things than Copperfield do (AFAIK copperfield never made the tank "disappear" :D ).

And would be nice to have some radio simulation. As this is really missing part when it comes to multiplayer. Something like ACRE for ArmA3 would be really cool and so useful. Also some MBC supports datalink via radio (probably its connected to data socket for radio) but i am not sure how it works.

• Members
Perhaps you're right. They shouldn't consider adding anything else to SB until all the bugs with existing vehicles are fixed.

Well he has a point.. I mean right now AI FO's cannot call in mortars or rocket arty, which limits their usage quite a bit..