About This File
You command a combat team (CT) consisting of a squadron of M1A1 AIM SA with a cross-attached platoon of M113AS4 and cavalry patrol of two ASLAV-25 and one ASLAV-PC for reconnaissance and screening.
The RED axis of advance has taken our forces by surprise and your CT has been rushed ahead of the battle group (BG) to delay the RED advance until BG is able to come up and defend TOWN. Brigade’s intent is to establish a line of defence at RIVER and a successful defence of CAUSEWAY should make this possible. To assist you a combat engineer section from BG is laying a disrupt effect minefield in front of CAUSEWAY. Due to the rushed nature of our advance the engineers require another hour to complete laying the minefield. It is imperative you protect the engineers from observation and direct fires until 0525 to allow them to complete their task. You should attempt to hold RED at RIVER but if this is not possible you must prevent them advancing west as far as MARS until 0620 to allow advance elements of BG to march east and establish defensive positions immediately behind your CT. Failure to do so will render the defence of TOWN untenable and risks BG being engaged prematurely during its march east. Two troops of four M777 155 mm howitzers each firing ICM, HE and SMOKE natures are assigned in support.
Major, the plan to complete the mission is up to you.
Panzer_Leader, November 2012
What's New in Version 2.2 See changelog
- Start time moved from 0445 to 0430 so that units commence mission in darkness due to changes in lighting effects introduced with Steel Beasts version 4.0.
- A bug in the scoring that could see BLUE awarded a Victory after a RED breakthrough of MARS in greater than platoon strength has been corrected.
- BLUE infantry sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.56 mm rifle (EF88), 5.56 mm MG with 800 ready rounds representing M249 SAW (F89 Light Support Weapon), 25 40 mm grenades representing SL40 grenadier and 1 M72A1 (M72A6).
- BLUE mechanised infantry platoons have a fifth M113AS4 added. The fifth M113AS4 (Delta call sign) carries the Manoeuvre Support Section of two squads, one with M2 (M3) Carl Gustaf and one with 7.62 mm M240 (MAG58), denoted by the appendix '[MSS]' to the in-game call sign.
- A second Javelin team and M113AS4 (I61C) has been attached to the CT from BG DFSW platoon.
- The infantry squads of the combat engineer section, E21, have been converted to Engineer teams.
- Quality of BLUE troops set to Regular.
- Changes to BLUE call sign template.
- RED Motorised Rifle sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.45 mm rifle (AK-74). One squad is equipped with 5.45 mm MG with 320 ready rounds (RPK-74) and the second squad with (R)PG-7L. Sources: FM 100-2-3, The Soviet Army: Troops, Organization, and Equipment, 1991 and OPFOR Worldwide Equipment Guide, 2000.
- The infantry squads of RED MT-LB/Eng have been converted to Engineer teams.
- A Unimog 1300L has been added to each RED 2S1 battery representing a GAZ-66.
- Overhead View enabled.