About This File
What's New in Version 2.2 See changelog
- Start time moved from 0445 to 0430 so that units commence mission in darkness due to changes in lighting effects introduced with Steel Beasts version 4.0.
- A bug in the scoring that could see BLUE awarded a Victory after a RED breakthrough of MARS in greater than platoon strength has been corrected.
- BLUE infantry sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.56 mm rifle (EF88), 5.56 mm MG with 800 ready rounds representing M249 SAW (F89 Light Support Weapon), 25 40 mm grenades representing SL40 grenadier and 1 M72A1 (M72A6).
- BLUE mechanised infantry platoons have a fifth M113AS4 added. The fifth M113AS4 (Delta call sign) carries the Manoeuvre Support Section of two squads, one with M2 (M3) Carl Gustaf and one with 7.62 mm M240 (MAG58), denoted by the appendix '[MSS]' to the in-game call sign.
- A second Javelin team and M113AS4 (I61C) has been attached to the CT from BG DFSW platoon.
- The infantry squads of the combat engineer section, E21, have been converted to Engineer teams.
- Quality of BLUE troops set to Regular.
- Changes to BLUE call sign template.
- RED Motorised Rifle sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.45 mm rifle (AK-74). One squad is equipped with 5.45 mm MG with 320 ready rounds (RPK-74) and the second squad with (R)PG-7L. Sources: FM 100-2-3, The Soviet Army: Troops, Organization, and Equipment, 1991 and OPFOR Worldwide Equipment Guide, 2000.
- The infantry squads of RED MT-LB/Eng have been converted to Engineer teams.
- A Unimog 1300L has been added to each RED 2S1 battery representing a GAZ-66.
- Overhead View enabled.
- With version 2.2: