About This File
You command a company-sized kampfgruppe of 4 (Mixed) Company, Panzer Reconnaissance Battalion 1. This comprises a platoon of six Leopard 1A5, a section of four Lynx 2A2 and a platoon of three Fox 1A4A4 from 5 Company attached.
The Soviet 3rd Combined Arms Army is attempting to encircle HANOVER and lead elements of 7th Guards Tank Division captured NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE late yesterday. Helicopter reconnaissance confirms a BTR-equipped motorised rifle company has occupied the town and established a hasty defence. After a pause overnight the Soviet advance and encirclement of HANOVER is expected to continue at first light.
Commander of 1 Panzer Division’s (1 PzDiv) intent is to confirm strength of enemy (ENY) defence in NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE in preparation for counterattack. Additionally, determine direction of advance of ENY forward security element so 1 PzDiv can move to block main body along axis of advance. Insert a patrol using infiltration route BEOWULF to observe and report on activity behind ENY lines. Avoid decisive engagement and maintain combat effectiveness for follow-on tasking by 1 PzDiv. You have a troop of three M109G 155 mm self-propelled howitzers firing HE and SMOKE in support.
Hauptmann, the plan to complete the mission is up to you.
Panzer_Leader, January 2013
What's New in Version 2.1 See changelog
- Appearance of Red personnel changed to 'USSR' (classic Soviet Motorised Rifle Troops).
- Soviet Motorised Rifle sections comprise two rifle squads equipped with 5.45 mm rifle (AK-74); one with 5.45 mm MG with 320 ready rounds (RPK-74) and one with (R)PG-7L. Sources: FM 100-2-3, The Soviet Army: Troops, Organization, and Equipment, 1991 and OPFOR Worldwide Equipment Guide, 2000.
- Modified Red scripting to provide more dismounted infantry defence in NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE.
- Changes to Red's eastern CRP and west-bound FSE routes to correct unintended vehicle behaviour.
- Quality of Blue troops set to Regular.
- Overhead View enabled.
- With version 2.1: