Ok, so I don't come on here often to debate and chat on the forums as I have seen where it can go sometimes. But when people are privately contacting me telling me that people are calling me out, I'm a little taken back.
Firstly, SSnake, if you have a concerns with my stream and my:
"Matsimus bashed together in his zero preparation stream." or the fact I did not have a patch installed "even downright misleading in a case where a certain patch is not applied as explicitly instructed."
then maybe come speak to me and tell me that. I have worked hard to assist trying to sell your product and promote this community. Little shocked to see that kind of dialogue coming to light.
Secondly, as I mentioned in the beginning of the stream, the stream was not there to showcase the new update but merely INFORM people it was close to coming out and that I had started to take a look at it. I did not want to disclose too much for a few reasons. I just wanted to play the game and even said that MANY times as per 4.0. The reasons I did not want to focus on the updates are:
- I had been away from SB Pro for some time and therefore had not been able to get fully settled back into the game. Sadly I don't have the time to relearn the game heavily. Maybe I have always sucked, I will accept that.
- Just like a kid at Xmas I wanted to ensure the community had the chance to be excited and be in a place where things were not spoiled
- I was out of respect wanting to make sure I did not misinform the community of the features as I don't do well reading from a list of features and then explaining them if I did not make them
- The stream was meant to PROMOTE THE GAME. Not showcase the update. And considering the number of people watching (250 or so) and the questions being asked about where to buy it.....I think I succeeded.
- I knew that if I showcased things that I got wrong, things like this would happen, and the community would be upset. Which clearly from the sounds of it....some are.
- Finally I wanted to ensure that the people watching the stream focused on the fact that its not all about serious tactics and strategy. Its nice to enjoy the game in a way where I am not being called out for making a wrong move or decision. Its called fun and that's what I do when I come on to play games. Enjoy them. Hell, I could of spent 3 hours talking about how I would create my battle plan and discuss the AAR etc etc. But guess what, most people want to watch interesting game-play. Not tactics which they can learn as they play with us as a community.
I have done NOTHING but love this game and respect those who play it in this community. It seems like maybe I am doing something wrong where people don't agree. Fair enough, this is a open forum and I appreciate criticism. The FPS were not fixed with the patch, to me its not a big deal......its a game, it will get sorted one way or another. I installed everything again, reinstalled, removed the game completely and reset. No change, I was losing FPS. My computer is not a potato either. But I find it fascinating that I am being called out for it by so many.
Its safe to say that future updates and showcasing of this game will not be coming towards me. I accept that and understand that maybe it was not the best introduction to 4.1. Is that my fault? Maybe. But I'm not sure coming here to light me up about it is the best option.
Lots of YouTubers can be given this update and game and showcase it for you guys. I would welcome that they do it. As clearly I am not doing things right.
Lets hope future content I produce for SB pro is up to your standards.