So how many of you are dusting off your 2.654's?

dpabrams

In anticipation of the the upcoming release how many of you are furiously reorienting yourself with the Sim? I know I am, man the fingers have slowed but I can still slew the old turret and hit a T-72 at 1200m while at a 30 kph cruise. I can't say the same about running the old T-72M1.

As I play through the many scenarios I have created I am reminded how good this Sim looks. Absent the cookie cutter buildings, strange roads and outdated water features the Sim still looks remarkable. Especially rural landscapes with pine forests. I tended to cater my scenarios in these settings.

The gear is still well modeled and modded. I almost always create scenarios from the early 80's.

I can't imagine how much better the Sim will look after the update. I won't get into the modding just yet but that won't take long. maybe I won't have too.

In anticipation of the the upcoming release how many of you are furiously reorienting yourself with the Sim? I know I am, man the fingers have slowed but I can still slew the old turret and hit a T-72 at 1200m while at a 30 kph cruise. I can't say the same about running the old T-72M1.

As I play through the many scenarios I have created I am reminded how good this Sim looks. Absent the cookie cutter buildings, strange roads and outdated water features the Sim still looks remarkable. Especially rural landscapes with pine forests. I tended to cater my scenarios in these settings.

The gear is still well modeled and modded. I almost always create scenarios from the early 80's.

I can't imagine how much better the Sim will look after the update. I won't get into the modding just yet but that won't take long. maybe I won't have too.

To be honest i don't need to be reoriented with SB is the only Sim i play

As for the graphics. I agree personally i think all was needed was a touch up.

The vehicles still look great.

My focus would be on AI behaviour and some general bug fixing.

I think the Graphical improvements for me any way are just the icing on the the cake.

[...] I am reminded how good this Sim looks.

I was just thinking that yesterday, while playing through Lt.George's "Slovenian Defense" sce. Haulin' a$$ in my T-72. Looking through my binoculars over the rolling countryside, a small village visible through the haze in the distance. My wingmen appearing, then disappearing in the hills and valleys. May not be the most cutting edge graphics, but damn...sometimes it just looks pretty. Can't wait to see what's changed.

As for dusting: no need for that here, either. :)

Well, for one thing, the static sky textures will go. Clouds are now generated procedurally, and we have a sun wandering across the sky. Plus, a nice model of atmospheric light scatter. Makes for pretty sunsets. :)

Why would you say something like this without a screenshot? Do you tell the starving how great your steak tastes and not offer a bite? Please! Just a little morsel, sir. Maybe just the corner of your screenshot, sir. :cry:

Well, for one thing, the static sky textures will go. Clouds are now generated procedurally, and we have a sun wandering across the sky. Plus, a nice model of atmospheric light scatter. Makes for pretty sunsets. :)

Why do you torment us so?

WHY??!! :)

Still that does actually sound like the 21st centaury!

I can't wait to produce artistic screenies of a T-72 battalion swarming over the hills at dawn!

• Members

I am very sorry, but the (nearly) unthinkable has happened: We discovered a serious issue mere days before the feature freeze that needs to be addressed, and it'll take four additional weeks to fix it. This is very unfortunate, but we figured that you would wait a month longer for SB Pro 3.0 rather than to get a half-baked SB Pro PE 2.95 instead.

So, Independence Day it shall be!

(That's July 4th, for you non-'murricans)

I am very sorry, but the (nearly) unthinkable has happened: We discovered a serious issue mere days before the feature freeze that needs to be addressed, and it'll take four additional weeks to fix it. This is very unfortunate, but we figured that you would wait a month longer for SB Pro 3.0 rather than to get a half-baked SB Pro PE 2.95 instead.

(That's July 4th, for you non-'murricans)

Wondering If is possible to get some features presented now...

...we figured that you would wait a month longer for SB Pro 3.0 rather than to get a half-baked SB Pro PE 2.95 instead.

Fine by me. Just one more thing to look forward to on that date. Thanks for the update!

I take it your announcement is likewise pushed back?

Dare I ask why?

You do know that you don't need the disc in the drive for it to run?

Oh, I did a clean reinstall a while back and never bothered to take the CD out the drive. If I were playing different games that required a CD swap I might've noticed. I suppose now is a good time to put it back in its case.

Edit: I did, however, just dust off my original Steel Beasts 1 (v1.0) CD and installed it on my WinXP rig. Nice to hear the intro music and end credits death rock.

• Members
Kewlness, does this mean you'll get to add a few more things you might not have been able to if the freeze happened on time?

By definition: Yes - those things that take longer to finish than anticipated. But no more other stuff aside from scenario files and similar content that doesn't affect the programming side.