Missing/Bad Textures

Nasder

This is a problem that happens to me ONLY during winter themes. Some models lose parts of their texture.

On the new BMD-2 it's the missile tube (as screenshot posted below)

Inside of the Pizarro, the ammo (or what it may be) visible from inside is all black without any textures.

The roof model of the M1A1 had the same problem with the ammoboxes on the mounted MG's.

NEW: In winter theme (this is the common factor) soldiers got no thermal sprite. They disappear when using the TIS. I see the MG3 float but no soldiers. Exiting thermal shows the soldiers again. The AI have no problem gunning them down when I can't see them.

And again, these texture problems are only when winter theme is active (winter camoflague)

EDIT: Updated with more screenshots

EDIT 2: Added another problem.

I've reinstalled twice, repaired once. Update every driver possible. I had the M1A1 problem on my old computer too. The only common things between them is the GPU (Geforce N8800GT from Asus), nothing else. Then I used 32Bit drivers, now I'm on a 64bit system and uses the latest 64bit drivers.

After a long search I was able to find another thread with a similar problem. Wasn't solved then and discarded as possible driver problem, this was from before I even got my hands on SB. So what can I do besides overlook these flaws (the one with missing soldiers is a very big one that can't really be overseen) or just skip playing winter themed missions which blows as I'm swedish and love the snow.

I've done all I can in investigating this issue on my own and can't find anything at all. If it was a graphics card or driver issue wouldn't it affect other seasons as well rather than just winter and more than just a few textures? And I also doubt that the code is different from loading winter graphics rather than any other. What have me stumped is that they show during winter only every other season is perfect, that just doesn't make sense to me.

bad_texture.jpg.f34917ddb0b1cdee292aa4ab

bad_texture_2.jpg.f20dc69d8c6a9feb78cc28

bad_texture_3.jpg.df2cb2196a252c236ecf61

bad_texture.jpg.f34917ddb0b1cdee292aa4ab

bad_texture_2.jpg.f20dc69d8c6a9feb78cc28

bad_texture_3.jpg.df2cb2196a252c236ecf61

Edited by Nasder
Updated with more screenshots

right, looks like i forgot to tell Al to update some of the textures from the woodland folder to the winter folder.

to fix this, copy rusmsl.dds and germUSamtex.dds from the woodland folder to the winter folder.

these folders are located in \eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures

right, looks like i forgot to tell Al to update some of the textures from the woodland folder to the winter folder.

to fix this, copy rusmsl.dds and germUSamtex.dds from the woodland folder to the winter folder.

these folders are located in \eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures

Brilliant!

I had the files there, but I replaced them with the ones from woodland. This fixed the M1A1, Pizarro and BMD-2 problem.

All done!

To fix the TIS problem, I copied soldier_1 to 3 from TIS to tis_winter

It seems I have no TIS object textures ... I think. Eg. a tank is completely black.

Which vehicles are affected? Just a few or lots? In Winter only, or for Woodland/Desert/Autumn? An image might help too so we can see if we can reproduce, or have already spotted this before.

• 2 years later...
I can't remember, did we had a desert roof skin for the leo 2A4? :confused:

Because it's a little bit confusing to have a turret woodland with the hull in desert...

It was like that with 2.552 as well. And it's the same with the 1A5. I'm working on new roof textures...slowly. Having a hard time tearing myself away from playing. But here's the 1A5 roof texture for now.

leoturrettop_zip.0816969ec628e740a4f4ee5

leoturrettop.zip

• Moderators
On further inspection, something is messed up.

I have the texture file but it doesn't load. I've double and triple checked and it affects summer, winter and dessert (and most probably Autumn too).

Check your mods folder and delete any texture with that name in all sub folders. The bad thing about mods, sometimes they get out of date and you may see things like this when a texture gets updated.

Looking in the game install structure, there isn't a rusMSL texture in the winter folder (which means it will use the one in the woodland). Since you are seeing it like that, then that most likely means you have an outdated one in your mods woodland and or winter folder.