Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament (event thread)

Volcano

• Moderators

Hello all,

Ok, now that everything is in place to begin the tournament, I am creating this thread to track the event. This thread will be the place to get all your info relating to the tournament, and it will be locked so that only the information and updates about the tournament will be posted here. Please use the other Top Tank Platoon 2010 thread as the discussion thread.

First of all, follow this link to get all the information you need to know about the tournament. On the following link you will find team information such as scores, current match ups, tournament tree and so on. All of that information on the page will be updated each week as the tournament progresses:

UPDATED EVENT INFORMATION:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Top_Tank_Platoon_2010?chappeep_sbvbforum_wiki__session=48ce45e97a1021d8b42cc26c78387733

More to follow...

• Moderators

Here is how it is going to work. Each week, there is match up between the teams. Within that week, those teams will play ONCE, and the result is THE final result. There are no rematches, and there is no best of X between the two. When you come to play, bring your A game, because you only get once shot.

This particular tournament is Triple Elimination. In other words, once a team has lost a third match then they are eliminated. Once there are only two teams remaining, those two teams will play in a best of three championship match.

NOTE: Future tournaments (if we do this again) might go longer (ie. Quadruple Elimination), but being that it is near the end of 2010, and because of the holiday season coming up, it is better of it is kept short with Triple Elimination. Unless my calculations are F'd up, the minimum time this scenario will last is 4 weeks, and the maximum is 7 weeks.

TOURNAMENT TREE:

Numbers in the tree show: (Wins-Losses), Score of that game

TTP_2010_Tree.jpg

The tournament tree (this image) will be updated each week, so check back each week to see the progress, or visit the above SBwiki page for details (click the image to go there). Also, the structure of the tree may change near the end (re: the placement of the championship match) depending on what point there are only two teams remaining.

TTP_2010_Tree.jpg

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

NOTE: Most of the following information can also be found in Team Speak in the ***Top Tank Platoon 2010*** channel.

***pre-ROUND 1 information***

Starts (when does the match start, and what are the official times?):

• 5 NOV, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 6 NOV, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 6 NOV, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 7 NOV, Sunday, 1600 CST
  • ...at any time during the week that can be coordinated between the two teams as long as it occurs before the deadline date and time.

The time and place should be coordinated between the teams, otherwise the Tournament Organizer (me) will be present at the official times to host (if need be), or to answer questions. The two teams can host the scenario between themselves if they want, it is located in the file browser in team speak (in the ***Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament*** channel file browser, see the "Scenario file" section of this post below for more information).

Deadline (what's the very last day I can play the match?):

11 NOV, Wednesday, 2359 CST

...unreported matches after this point will be a forfeit loss result, at least by the team that exhibited (to the Tournament Organizer (me)) the least desire to show up (see rules).

Match Information (who's playing who this week?):

Game 1: Four Horsemen vs. The Gophers

Game 2: Sudden Death vs. The Lost Platoon

Scenario file (where's the scenario file?):

The scenario files for this weeks two games are located in the Team Speak file browser, in the "***Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament***" channel. To get the file, do the following:

1. Start up Team Speak and connect to the SB.com server.
  2. Right click on the ***Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament*** channel and select "Open File Browser"
  3. A window will open and you should see .zip files in located in it. These zip files will be named for the appropriate game number matching the game number of the match up (ie. "Top Tank Platoon 2010 (Game #)" --where "#" is a number of the game in the tourney tree).
  4. Download the appropriate file by double left clicking on it, it should be saved to your desktop.
  5. Now you can put this in your SB scenario folder and host the match between yourselves and the opposite team (for record) at any time, and/or your team can open it in Network Session and go to Planning Phase and study the map before hand if desired.

Reporting the Results (how do I report the game?):

The AAR is required or else the results of the game are invalid. If the Tournament Organizer is not present in the game, then someone will need to save the AAR of the scenario once it is complete. This AAR must be emailed to me at:

volcano [at] esimgames [dot] com

Ideally the Platoon Leader of the winning side should send it. Also, it is preferred if the Report .html file is sent in the same email. The Report file is not necessary, but it helps for statistics any possible AAR that I might post.

----------------------

If there is any confusion then please post questions in the discussion thread. I will be posting this information each week as pre and post match info to keep everyone up to date, so there should be no reason why anyone should feel like they are uninformed. If you have a question about rules, the full list of rules can be found here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Top_Tank_Platoon

Above all, have fun and keep it honorable!

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Game 1 is complete!

Four Horsemen vs. The Gophers

The result is a W for Four Horsemen who are now 1-0. The Gophers drop back to 0-1.

• The statistics on the SBwiki page have been updated, you can find it HERE.
  • The tournament tree (in post #2) has been updated as well, or you can find it HERE.
  • The AAR (file) can be found HERE (it is/will be posted after all games of current round are reported).

Thanks to all those that showed up and played!

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Game 2 is complete!

Sudden Death vs. The Lost Platoon

The result is a W for The Lost Platoon who are now 1-0. Sudden Death drops back to 0-1.

• The tournament tree (in post #2) has been updated as well, or you can find it HERE.
  • The AAR (file) can be found HERE (it is/will be posted after all games of current round are reported).

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

NOTE: Most of the following information can also be found in Team Speak in the ***Top Tank Platoon 2010*** channel.

***pre-ROUND 2 information***

• 12 NOV, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 13 NOV, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 13 NOV, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 14 NOV, Sunday, 1600 CST
  • ...at any time during the week that can be coordinated between the two teams as long as it occurs before the deadline date and time.

The time and place should be coordinated between the teams, otherwise the Tournament Organizer (me) will be present at the official times to host (if need be), or to answer questions. The two teams can host the scenario between themselves if they want, it is located in the file browser in team speak (in the ***Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament*** channel file browser, see the "Scenario file" section of this post below for more information).

17 NOV, Wednesday, 2359 CST

...unreported matches after this point will be a forfeit loss result, at least by the team that exhibited (to the Tournament Organizer (me)) the least desire to show up (see rules).

Game 3: The Gophers vs. Sudden Death

Game 4: Four Horsemen vs. The Lost Platoon

The scenario files for this weeks two games are located in the Team Speak file browser, in the "***Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament***" channel. To get the file, do the following:

2. Right click on the ***Top Tank Platoon 2010 Tournament*** channel and select "Open File Browser"
  3. A window will open and you should see .zip files in located in it. These zip files will be named for the appropriate game number matching the game number of the match up (ie. "Top Tank Platoon 2010 (Game #)" --where "#" is a number of the game in the tourney tree).
  4. Download the appropriate file by double left clicking on it, it should be saved to your desktop.
  5. Now you can put this in your SB scenario folder and host the match between yourselves and the opposite team (for record) at any time, and/or your team can open it in Network Session and go to Planning Phase and study the map before hand if desired.

The AAR is required or else the results of the game are invalid. If the Tournament Organizer is not present in the game, then someone will need to save the AAR of the scenario once it is complete. This AAR must be emailed to me at:

Ideally the Platoon Leader of the winning side should send it. Also, it is preferred if the Report .html file is sent in the same email. The Report file is not necessary, but it helps for statistics any possible AAR that I might post.

----------------------

If there is any confusion then please post questions in the discussion thread. I will be posting this information each week as pre and post match info to keep everyone up to date, so there should be no reason why anyone should feel like they are uninformed. If you have a question about rules, the full list of rules can be found here:

Edited by Volcano
pre-ROUND 2 information

• Moderators

Game 4 is complete!

Four Horsemen vs. The Lost Platoon

The result is a W for Four Horsemen who are now 2-0. The Lost Platoon drops back to 1-1.

• Moderators

Game 3 is complete!

The Gophers vs. Sudden Death

The result is a W for The Gophers who are now 1-1. Sudden Death drops back to 0-2, unfortunately if they receive one more loss then they will be eliminated.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

***pre-ROUND 3 information***

• 19 NOV, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 20 NOV, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 20 NOV, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 21 NOV, Sunday, 1600 CST
  • ...secondarily, at any time during the week that can be coordinated between the two teams as long as it occurs before the deadline date and time.

24 NOV, Wednesday, 2359 CST

Game 5: The Lost Platoon vs. The Gophers

Game 6: Four Horsemen vs. Sudden Death

----------------------

• Moderators

Game 5 is complete!

The Lost Platoon vs. The Gophers

The result is a W for The Gophers who are now 2-1. The Lost Platoon drops back to 1-2, unfortunately if they receive one more loss then they will be eliminated.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

Game 6 is complete!

Four Horsemen vs. Sudden Death

The result is a W for Sudden Death who are now 1-2. Four Horsemen drops back to 2-1.

• Moderators

***pre-ROUND 4 information***

• 26 NOV, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 27 NOV, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 27 NOV, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 28 NOV, Sunday, 1600 CST
  • ...secondarily, at any time during the week that can be coordinated between the two teams as long as it occurs before the deadline date and time.

1 DEC, Wednesday, 2359 CST

Game 7: The Lost Platoon vs. Four Horsemen

Game 8: Sudden Death vs. The Gophers

----------------------

• Moderators

Game 7 is complete!

The Lost Platoon vs. Four Horsemen

The result is a W for Four Horsemen who are now 3-1. Unfortunately The Lost Platoon has dropped back to 1-3, so they are eliminated.

• Moderators

Game 8 is complete!

Sudden Death vs. The Gophers

The result is a W for Sudden Death who are now 2-2. The Gophers drops back to 2-2, unfortunately if they receive one more loss then they will be eliminated.

• Moderators

***pre-ROUND 5 information***

• 3 NOV, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 4 NOV, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 4 NOV, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 5 NOV, Sunday, 1600 CST

8 DEC, Wednesday, 2359 CST

Game 9: The Gophers vs. Four Horsemen

Game 10: Sudden Death (Bye round)

----------------------

• Moderators

Game 9 is complete!

The Gophers vs. Four Horsemen

The result is a W for The Gophers who are now 3-2. Four Horsemen drops back to 3-2.

• Moderators

***pre-ROUND 5 information***

• 10 DEC, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 11 DEC, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 11 DEC, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 12 DEC, Sunday, 1600 CST

15 DEC, Wednesday, 2359 CST

Game 11: Sudden Death vs. The Gophers

Game 12: Four Horsemen (Bye round)

----------------------

• Moderators

Game 11 is complete!

Sudden Death vs. The Gophers

The result is a W for The Gophers who are now 4-2. Sudden Death drops back to 2-3 and are eliminated.

• Moderators

***pre-Championship information***

• 17 DEC, Friday, ~2230 (after TGIF)
  • 18 DEC, Saturday, 1400 CST
  • 18 DEC, Saturday, 2100 CST
  • 19 DEC, Sunday, 1600 CST

22 DEC, Wednesday, 2359 CST

Championship (best of 3 in a row): The Gophers vs. Four Horsemen

----------------------

• Moderators

The Championship final is complete!

The Gophers vs. Four Horsemen

The result is two W for The Gophers who has a final standing of 6-2, and who are the champions of Top Tank Platoon 2010. Four Horsemen lost both games in the in best-of-three championship around and their final standing is 3-4 and they are eliminated.

Thanks to all those that played!

More information follows...

• Moderators

The final statistics for 2010 are HERE.

Top Tank Platoon 2010 Winner:

The Gophers

Top Gun 2010 Winner:

Volcano

-------------------------------

Additionally, since this is the first time the tournament has been played, the following stats are now the all time scores for everyone to beat next time:

Top Tank Platoon High Score

Year: 2010

Platoon name: The Gophers

Tank type: Leopardo 2E

Wins-Losses: 6-2

Platoon score (average): 618.8

Participant names:

dta Delta 550.4

Sabot Ready 283.6

Wombat 37.5

Gopher 37.5

Top Gun High Score

Year: 2010

User name: Volcano

Gunnery score (average): 640.5

-------------------------------

Thanks to all those that participated throughout. Hopefully we will do this again in the in the coming year and beyond if there is interest for it.